Remember your first Ottawa SC ?

Guest jake_cdn

I was reading this thread and thought back to the first club that I went to in Ottawa. It was on Somerset but I cannot remember the name. If anyone can help me out that would be great.

I remeber that is was the first place that I fell in love and she loved me too ... yeah right! It was the place that I had my first lap dance ... what a memory.

It was a great place but it burned down quite a few years ago. The name escapes me please help.

Anyone remember their first Ottawa SC experience?

Guest o*****24

That was about 10 years ago. I went with some friends to Pigales. This is before all the extra stages and the CR being downstairs. It was one stage, and it was marvelous.

I had my first CR experience then too.

Ahh, to be young and naive!

I was reading this thread and thought back to the first club that I went to in Ottawa. It was on Somerset but I cannot remember the name. If anyone can help me out that would be great.

I remeber that is was the first place that I fell in love and she loved me too ... yeah right! It was the place that I had my first lap dance ... what a memory.

It was a great place but it burned down quite a few years ago. The name escapes me please help.

Was that Valentino's?

"Valentino's Lounge, a strip club, went up in flames sometime before 4 a.m. in February 1992. Firefighters wearing airpacks conducted a room-to-room search of the club and rescued two exotic dancers from their beds. Other women fled the building in their nightclothes. It took more than a decade for the site to be redeveloped as condos."

My 1st visit was in a run-down joint close to where the elephant & castle is on Sussex. This was years before the congress centre was built, & there were quite a few older sleazy buildings there. I was a young guy (about 17) and a friend who went the week before, told me that the dancers were completely naked and they pushed their pussy's right in your face LOL. Wooo Hooo Hooo HOooo! I just had to try it. Turned out the experience was less than exhilarating, but what the hell, it was my 1st time.

A walk down memory lane.

Gatineau, Quebec, 1983...Club le Ranch. My fifteenth birthday. I went with a group of friends, they ranged from 17 to 22 I think. I was petrified. From the greasy doorman with the long beard, vast beer gut and rotten teeth to the dancers who weren't much better (I'm being facetious, here. The doorman wasn't that bad.), I was convinced that someone would figure out that I was only a kid and throw me out on my ear. I couldn't believe that I fooled them all but, of course, I fooled no one. Everyone who cared to look knew I was underage they just didn't care!

The lighting was dim, the music was loud, the air was so filled with cigarette smoke that it was like a fog machine was going half tilt.

Regardless of the atmosphere...the site of grown naked women gyrating onstage like that...LOL. I was dumbfounded.

The night ended prematurely when I was treated to another first. I saw a guy take a beer bottle across the face when a brawl between five or six mill workers broke out.

Yup. I remember.

Doc.

Edited by docottawa

Mine was when I was 18. Pigale's, back in the day before facelifts and money made the place look the way it does now. It was a night out with some guys from the place I worked at, to celebrate my boss getting engaged. I remember looking around the place at the lap dances being performed at the tables and benches, and hearing about mysterious "other things" that happened behind the curtains of the champagne room. Some guy was dragged up on stage for his birthday, inappropriately grabbed at one of the dancers, an on the way off stage she pantsed him in front of the crowd. Dude was way too drunk to care and just let em dangle in the wind.

Good times.

Valentino's was the place on Somerset St. This was after it was renovated, before that, it was known as Spot 864 (something like that-whatever the numerical street address was)

The place near the Rideau Centre was called The Red Den. Not much of a place but we were in high school, they had naked women & they served us here!

I remember the Ranch too, pretty much as docottawa described it. It moved down Main St & became Club 77.

Pigales was known as The Gap B4 it was renovated into Pigale's.

I think Valentino's used to be called the Vendome. And one time the Fax, Gypsy Rose in Manotick, the Lido in Hull and Valentino's were all owned by the same folks. When I first went to the Fax it was where the Dominion Tavern now is located, a couple of doors east of the current location.

The one I miss is good old Habba Babba's on Richmond Road near Churchill. That was a great spot. I also used to spend a lot of time in the Dollar back in the day, when the table dances were at your table, and they had a shower installed for shower shows.

I shed a tear for Valentinos, Habba's, the Lido, Gypsy Rose, Jason's (Kanata), the one that was on Bank just south of Lansdowne (in the basement). So many great memories.

I shed a tear for Valentinos, Habba's, the Lido, Gypsy Rose, Jason's (Kanata), the one that was on Bank just south of Lansdowne (in the basement). So many great memories.

That was Rick's Place. It was the low end of a SC in Ottawa....but still fun sometimes. When it closed most of the dancers moved south on Bank to Cabaret Canada.

I was in the Dollar recently, when I went to the washroom I thought I was in the wrong place. Totally renovated modern facilities....no more stinky urinals. The talent level was pretty good too!

Guest jake_cdn
Was that Valentino's?

"Valentino's Lounge, a strip club, went up in flames sometime before 4 a.m. in February 1992.

Thanks Jabba it was Valentino's. Too many memories based on that first night there.

I couldn't remember the name and it was driving me out of my mind last night.

Thanks.

1989, back when "Cabaret Le Pink" was still the Pink Panther. Don't remember too much, except that it was quiet that night, so a pack of 17 year olds stuck out like a sore thumb. The attention was nice; the shock of the price of beer was not.

I do!!!!!!!! The first one I went to was HOT SHOTS in GATINEAU!!!! I was 16 and amaaaaazed by all the naked men!!! I remember my first lap dance too, VERY EXCITING :bigclap:!!!!!

I went back the next week, with a bunch of girlfriends, and yes, being the newbies we were, we all sat in the "pervert row" section!!!!

They had a dance floor for the ladies too, so both the ladies & male dancers would be dancing & dry humping with one another..... :boobies:...so much fun!!!!

Valentino's - wow - there was a "settling of accounts" in the parking lot there in 1991. Not long after there was a fire. The murder trial ended with a manslaughter plea.

I remember a club on Somerset called Club 616 or 606 or something like that after it's address. It was two sided: a drinking bar and then on the otter side it had a small stage with smal tables and chairs. Cheep beer and you could get close to the stage. No lap dancing back in those days but I remember one young lady giving us quite the show. It got even better as we cheered her on. I think I even have a t-shirt packed away somewhere.

Ahhh......I remember them well.....

In fact there was a time when I would give directions to construction projects to my workers by the names of SC's.........

All the changes over the years of Pink Panther...Caberet Pink......

The Lido in hull.....packed at lunch with all our tax dollars at work......packed on Friday and saturday night with all the kids from Ottawa......

Valentino's......one of the best for years.......

Barbarella's and Diamonds were 2 different places......Barb's was on bank......fun place.....Diamond's started off small across from the Delta.

Now what was that place that was down Bank.....near Sunnyside..in the basement.....low ceilings....and no pole because the gilrs could swing from the plumbing pipes on the ceiling?

There was a time when hotel lounges had a few dancers. The Red Den, as mentioned before, was in the old Grand Hotel which also had a great tavern on the other side of the building. (Three quart lunches. lol) Another was the Albion, which would have two girls in the afternoons only. They got the boot at six to make way for the hardcore night time drinkers. I spent many a happy afternoon there, got to know the girls quite well. We'd head out the back door to the parking lot to smoke up but that stopped after a stabbed body was found out there.

There was another hotel that had an upstairs lounge at the corner of Dalhousie and St. Patrick, I think. It occasionaly had girls but was hit and miss.

I think my first real time was the 844 on Somerset.

I think the place on Somerset was called Valentino's ... It was a cozy hot spot... Got hott er when it burnt to the ground....

Lets go back to the late 60's to a place just around the corner from the Regent theater on Bank Street. I can't for life of me remember the name but think it might have been the Ritz. There was an Italian restaurant upstairs and downstairs was the club. The waiters all wore tuxes and looked like they good have been extras in the godfather movies. It was all blacklight so their white shirts really stood out. The dancers all wore pasties in colours that the blacklight would highlight.

There were tables but the stage was surrounded by curved booths.

Any one else remember this place...

Guest jake_cdn
I do!!!!!!!! The first one I went to was HOT SHOTS in GATINEAU!!!! I was 16 and amaaaaazed by all the naked men!!! I remember my first lap dance too, VERY EXCITING :bigclap:!!!!!

Vanessa,

Great post. Imagine me being so closed minded that I didn't even think of a male SC. Was it full of people and dancers as well. I have to admit that I never was in a male SC but I was in one in a club in New Orleans and I soon found out that the beautiful women that were dancing had a little extra something between their legs ... GASP !

Edited by jake_cdn
omitted word

Vanessa,

Great post. Imagine me being so closed minded that I didn't even think of a male SC. Was it full of people and dancers as well. I have to admit that I never was in a male SC but I was in one in a club in New Orleans and I soon found out that the beautiful women that were dancing had a little extra something between their legs ... GASP !

Goodhandy's in Toronto........is like what you ran into.......

Guest jake_cdn
Goodhandy's in Toronto........is like what you ran into.......

... or ran out of !

I was 22 and in my last year of university, and I decided I wanted to be a stripper. I found a stripper support forum online and all the ladies suggested I actually go to a club and get a lapdance. I had never been to a strip club before, and I didn't really know what went on inside.

I went to the Nu Den in October of 2007 with a friend. We sat down and got a drink. We watched some stage shows. The shows were pretty much what I expected. I was surprised at how many small-chested dancers there were. Silly me thought most strippers were at least a D cup.

As we continued to watch the shows onstage, we saw ladies "hustling" clients. There was one girl in particular who looked about 14. She was about 95 pounds, very small-chested, small-hipped, and she had a baby doll face. She was having a drink with a client who was about 55 and then they headed off to the champagne room together. That kind of freaked me out a bit. Certainly not in a moralistic way, but I just wasn't used to seeing very young women in sexual situations with older men.

I was getting a bit frustrated because I wanted to buy a lapdance but none of the ladies were approaching me! I mentioned this to the waitress and she sent a dancer my way. The dancer sat down with me and we chatted a bit. I was honest about why I was there. I wanted to be a dancer and I was hoping to get a lapdance to see what it was like.

The lady and I headed off to the champagne room together. As we walked upstairs, the baby-faced dancer and her client were together. She was rubbing her body all over him and he was playing with her breasts. I couldn't get over how much contact there was! I was expecting the dances to be like the old-fashioned table dances.

Then I got my lapdance! She gave me a very tame dance compared to the one I saw on my way up there. She told me to always undress slowly and she said guys love it when we put boobs in their face!

After the dance, a bunch of men came up to me and started hitting on me, which I found kind of annoying. There are so many dancers for them to enjoy, and I was there as a client. But still, it was nice to see what kind of men frequent strip clubs. They seemed pretty normal and that made me feel relieved LOL!

10 days later I went in and did my first shift!

Now what was that place that was down Bank.....near Sunnyside..in the basement.....low ceilings....and no pole because the gilrs could swing from the plumbing pipes on the ceiling?

Believe it was called "Cheeks" I had visited there a few times too, also Gypsy Rose quite a few years way back when...:chug: I was a misbehaving teen and in my early 20's :)

I was 22 and in my last year of university' date=' and I decided I wanted to be a stripper. I found a stripper support forum online and all the ladies suggested I actually go to a club and get a lapdance. I had never been to a strip club before, and I didn't really know what went on inside.

I went to the Nu Den in October of 2007 with a friend. We sat down and got a drink. We watched some stage shows. The shows were pretty much what I expected. I was surprised at how many small-chested dancers there were. Silly me thought most strippers were at least a D cup.

As we continued to watch the shows onstage, we saw ladies "hustling" clients. There was one girl in particular who looked about 14. She was about 95 pounds, very small-chested, small-hipped, and she had a baby doll face. She was having a drink with a client who was about 55 and then they headed off to the champagne room together. That kind of freaked me out a bit. Certainly not in a moralistic way, but I just wasn't used to seeing very young women in sexual situations with older men.

I was getting a bit frustrated because I wanted to buy a lapdance but none of the ladies were approaching me! I mentioned this to the waitress and she sent a dancer my way. The dancer sat down with me and we chatted a bit. I was honest about why I was there. I wanted to be a dancer and I was hoping to get a lapdance to see what it was like.

The lady and I headed off to the champagne room together. As we walked upstairs, the baby-faced dancer and her client were together. She was rubbing her body all over him and he was playing with her breasts. I couldn't get over how much contact there was! I was expecting the dances to be like the old-fashioned table dances.

Then I got my lapdance! She gave me a very tame dance compared to the one I saw on my way up there. She told me to always undress slowly and she said guys love it when we put boobs in their face!

After the dance, a bunch of men came up to me and started hitting on me, which I found kind of annoying. There are so many dancers for them to enjoy, and I was there as a client. But still, it was nice to see what kind of men frequent strip clubs. They seemed pretty normal and that made me feel relieved LOL!

10 days later I went in and did my first shift![/quote']

Weren't you nervous?