New trend re: names...

I've noticed that stage names have become a lot more "normal" sounding in the past few years. That's a welcome change, but the trend that I thought was a bit odd is that I've had several younger dancers lately mention their real names right away, off-hand, totally unprompted. Has anyone else noticed this, and do you think it's just the Facebook-generation not being concerned with privacy as well as the lessened stigma about stripping these days?

Guest Bri*****e Da****

I dance under a "normal" name, and I notice that a lot of other dancers do as well - although there are still girls who rock the more random names as well! Personally, I don't give out my real name for privacy reasons, and I consider myself part of the Facebook generation (I think my parents are the only people I know without Facebook, hah!).

Not sure how common it is for girls to be giving their real names away though. Something to keep in mind is that they could be giving out a fake "real" name: in doing so, they are able to maintain their privacy, but still satisfy the gentleman's desire to get to know her "real" name. Of course, there are some girls who simply dance under their real names and wouldn't be able to use a fake name since they just wouldn't reply to it, so there's a pretty fun mixture and you just never know what to expect!