Sign in to follow this  

Missionary couple wants to return to Africa

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/Missionaries+forgive+attackers+will+return+to+Africa/Canada/ContentPosting?isfa=1&newsitemid=CTVNews%2F20080803%2Fcanadian_missionaries_080803&feedname=CTV-NATIONAL_V3&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

OK....I am sympathetic towards the cause in Africa and other places around the world. I admire people that put thier life into helping 3rd world people.I hate the fact that people go to help and get beaten or killed for trying to help.

I have traveled around the world and have seen many things that are burned in my brain...most I will never forget no matter how hard I will try.

But....am I a hypocrite for what I say next..........???

Do these people have extra medical insurance? Blue Cross or something.....I doubt it as the cost for them would be in the thousands for them and make a trip like that costly.......

So if they do not have insurance......what happens......well..the Canadian taxpayers who live...breath....and die here pay for it all.......the Government will fly them back to canada....spends tens of thousands of dollars treating them and rehabilitating them.........

Then these people want to go back..........?????.....to possibly face the same violence there or somewhere else.........and if something happens.....bring them back home and start the process over again....???

Once is enough.....if you go someplace and try to help.....sure...we Canadians are soft hearted and will bring them back and treat them....we are compasionate.........but dam!!!!...if they decide to go back...make them pay for any other treatment they might need in the future........

I am tired of people who live abroad and come back or have the government bring you back to get better...then they hop on a plane and take off...........I know people who do this...and have dissowned them as friends for abusing the system to the extreme........

Sure they pay taxes....minimal taxes.....but they leave very little behind here in Canada.....all of us put money back into the economy constantly......

I know it is hard to control or proove...but it still pisses me off....

Thanks

Without stepping on any toes regarding religious brain washing, your thread could very well go in the direction of religion.This couple IMHO have truly forgave their attackers, and asked for god to forgive them. Now, I'm not a person of ever to attack any religion faith, but seriously..to forgive them...go back for more? Yes, Africa has huge amounts of difficulties, and it is great that Canadian's want/love to help them out, but when something like this happens...do you just simply say "it is not safe anymore and stay at home?"

I agree with your statement antlerman, because do we not have enough social issues here in Canada that need to be addressed?

a)unemployed b) homeless c) needy children, (take a look what just happened to the poor girl in Toronto...what was Children's Aid thinking... handing the poor girl to a convicted criminal?)

d) enviroment issues

the list could go on and on...but I'll stop here... MHO.

Thanks as well..

True...I am trying to stay away from the religious content here......

I am looking at the tax implecations we as a country are faced with because we are so "accomodating"

I am not saying we should not help....far from it...this world needs to help each other as much as we can.......and "can" is the key word.........can we as a country keep bleeding from all the small cuts before they get to be too big?