First time questions

Hi all. I'm looking at indulging myself with a service provider for the first time, but have a few questions.

Since I'm new, I can't provide references. But I don't want to settle for bottom-end quality either. I have higher-end tastes, and am willing to pay for them. What do I need to do about this?

For what it matters, I live well outside the city, and would like to arrange services for when I would plan to be in the city(I always know well in advance). How much notice is appropriate? I know it's not like ordering a pizza, but how long in advance is acceptable?

I don't own a cellphone. Really. I refuse to have one. Does this make me seem suspicious, since I can't be contacted once I leave home, until I get to my hotel in the city? I understand it could make me seem like I'm hiding something, when combined with the fact I have no references.

FWIW I've read this and similar forums, to learn about etiquette and the like, and I am a somewhat classy person who treats a lady right, in any situation. I would like to establish a quality professional relationship(s) so that if this is something I enjoy, I can make it a hobby instead of merely a curiosity.

Guest W***ledi*Time

There are plenty of truly wonderful ladies who don't require references. Do be prepared to give personal information so the lady can verify that you're legitimate, and so she can feel safe - different ladies have different screening policies, and each will let you know what they need from you.

Preferences also vary as to how far in advance each lady prefers to book; a day or two is not untypical - but there is by no means any hard and fast rule that applies to all ladies. The lack of a cellphone will also cut down on your options, but you should nonetheless be able to find a lady who will be happy to accommodate you - if you are respectful, upfront, and forthcoming about yourself.

Do your research, find a lady who attracts you and seems like she might be able to work with your situation. Then take the plunge and make an inquiry! If it turns out that your mutual requirements don't happen to fit, then thank her politely for her consideration. Just return to your research, find another lovely lady, and try again.

You will be richly rewarded!

First question that comes to mind, why no cell phone...cheap throwaway phones under $100.00 are available. I'm was one of the last (pre hobbying days) to get on the cell phone craze, now I'm converted, all I have is a cell phone. (not only for calls, but texting too)

As for a lady, there are alot that do not require references, as WIT said.

Using the search function on CERB, you'll find alot of great ladies. If we knew what city you were going to be in, some suggestions could be made.

But just because you have alot of money and higher end tastes (not actually sure what that means) doesn't get your foot in the door. When you see a profile of a lady that interests you, contact her. Be a gentleman. Be respectful in your questions. Put simply, treat them like ladies...because they are.

In person, again, be a gentleman...as a matter of fact cardinal rule #1, ALWAYS BE A GENTLEMAN. And hygiene (freshly showered, shaved, brush your teeth, mouthwash etc) Don't show up under the influence. Be punctual, and if running late, phone the lady to let her know. If you have to cancel, call her, let her know.

Others may have more pointers and tips...that's all I can think of past my bedtime

Good luck and have fun

RG

• Like 5

Both WIT and RG have given great advice so far, but I would like to add, make sure you thoroughly read the ladies info before contacting her! Most us have web sites that explain exactly what we offer and what we are looking for.

No phone is going to be a problem. Most ladies prefer a 2 call system, one call an hour or so before and then another when you arrive. Buy a cheap throw away for less than $75 at any 7-11 think of it as a cost of hobbying...

I should add one more thing. I to, have to plan well in advance. I live in smalltown, Ontario and need to plan a trip to Ottawa, Toronto, sometimes Kingston and on occasion Hamilton well in advance (these are the cities I have seen ladies in)

Just explain to the lady your situation, and why you need to plan well in advance. The ladies understand and are accommodating to this.

But seriously, one important bit of advice, besides be a gentleman, get a cell phone. Besides ease of communication, without one, ladies will think you are trying to hide something...and trust is so important

RG

Maybe I will have to cave and get a cellphone just for the hobbying...as I mentioned in another thread, I don't have one simply becase I live in a rural area where there's pretty much zero reception, plus certain people in my life couldn't respect my privacy when I had a cell and was reachable 24/7(theoretically).

I don't want to be some jackass making extra demands of an SP or making them uncomfortable about me, cause I'm actually the most easygoing, laid back guy they'd deal with all day.

Get the cellphone, don't tell anyone you bought one, except the ladies you see,...no interruptions on your life with people always calling

BTW cell phones can be turned off

It sounds to me like a pay as you go phone would work for you, skip getting into a contract

RG

If you are planning to see the lady at your hotel room, there is no reason to get a cel phone as well. You simply call from the hotel, arrange the appt, she calls you back thru the hotel # to verify you are there anyway. You would always be accessible by the hotel phone so there should be no problem. I can't see you going to the expense of getting a cel phone you can't use (I don't have a cel phone either, doesn't worry me when others don't have one).

If you are planning to go to visit her wherever she is, having a cel phone is more convenient, easier if you get lost or need directions along the way. If you don't have references, most sps do have some kind of alternative method to screen you. YOu should be contacting them before your arrival date, in any case, to make sure they are available, have time to screen you to their own satisfaction, and can give you a schedule of their times. Then you call from your hotel room for the confirmation, and by this time you have explained the cel phone situation and between the two of you come up with some kind of alternative plan.

Guest s******ecan****

A cell is not a must......but it does make things easier.

I would definitely get the cell phone, but you should be able, with a lot of providers, to start things off with e-mail or PMs here on cerb and explain that you live out of range but you will have the phone for the visit. I assume you would do an incall or an outcall to a hotel in a more populated location?

I was in the same boat for doing this the first time. I booked time with a girl from an agency that was on tour to my town. I was worried about the screening but i gave them the information they needed even though i had no previous encounters. I was polite and respectful and answered everything that i could.

I had my date and it was very very fun and the SP was fantastic and seemed pretty happy when i said it was my first time doing this, she had a ball explaining all the particulars to me, really put me at ease since i was so nervous.

Now I do feel that this may put the SP's safety at risk but they have much more experience in this then i could fathom. For all i know they may have run a background check on me.

You can PM me if you want the agency i just dont want to put it out there for some asshole to grab, they were quite accommodating and i will use them again.

J Galt,

When I first starting hobbying I also did not have a cellphone. I have no need for one outside of hobbying. I survived the first few months by using payphones but it was painful. Eventually I bought a pay-as-you-go cellphone which costs me to next nothing to use because I use it exclusively for hobbying.

The solution to your problem about having friends/family call you 24/7 is easy - don't tell them you have a cell phone. That is what I do!

Cheers,

A M

In regards to how much notice we need, I would say that the more notice the better. While some of us have policies around notice (i.e. some don't take bookings with new clients with less than a 24 hour notice) because it's more conducive to our lifestyles and business styles, we are aware that sometimes giving this much notice is not possible. Each SP has her/their own guidelines so it is a good idea to do some research about a particular one that catches your eye!

xoxo

Sky

Great advice from everyone here, already, as usual!

I'd just like to add that if you're reasonable, clear and willing to give some personal information to your chosen companion, be confident that you and she will work something out without too much fuss. You may not need a cell phone, so you might wait and see how things go in your discussions.

Speaking only for myself, if someone was coming in from out of town and took the time to send me a couple of e-mails, discussed things politely and gave me his hotel information when he arrived, I'd see him unless for some reason I didn't feel right about him. That could just be my imagination or intuition, not something grounded in reality or in what the guy had said to me. I could be completely wrong. I'm sure I've turned down plenty of great guys through no real fault of theirs.

Other ladies will have their own ways of doing things. But if you're stuck for ideas, you might consider inviting her to have lunch or dinner with you before anything else, meeting you in a public place instead of your hotel room or her incall location, first. Expect to pay her for her time. Some of us have "social" rates. Some of us have a flat hourly rate regardless of what the activity is. I know that many of us would happily agree to meet you this way, all other things being equal. If this is what you do, pay your companion when she arrives (give her a card with the money in it and leave the envelope unsealed). Have dinner. She'll let you know if she's comfortable enough to see you in private after dinner, or at another time.

And relax. Guys like you, who make the effort to put everyone at ease are great. Plan on having a nice time. I'm sure you will!

Just to follow up - I've exchanged a couple of emails with an SP who I found particularly appealing. She's a traveller though, and her travel schedule and my work schedule haven't allowed us to meet yet. But she had no big issue with my lack of references, she just asked me some questions and I answered honestly and that was good enough.

As far as cell phones go, I hadn't realized how cheap they've gotten, so I'll pick one up one of these days. FWIW, I never gave out my number last time I had one, and to this day I have no idea how it got out. Maybe I forgot to block it when making a call, I don't bloody know.

Oh, and the comment I made about how much notice is appropriate - I didn't mean I want to give short notice, I actually meant how far in advance is too far to make arrangements, since I assume SPs probably don't keep alot of paperwork about their appointments...

Oh, and the comment I made about how much notice is appropriate - I didn't mean I want to give short notice, I actually meant how far in advance is too far to make arrangements, since I assume SPs probably don't keep alot of paperwork about their appointments...

Well when it comes to notice, couple examples from my experience.

BTW these ladies I won't name, but they are, to use the term, All Time Favorites.

One I booked my encounter with her in July 2010 for an October 2010 date.

I just recently booked again with her for a July 2011 repeat.

Second lady I booked in July 2010 for a September 2010 encounter. A week after the date, I booked again for a November 2010 encounter, and in January 2011 booked a May 2011 threepeat

A third lady I booked an encounter with in September 2010 for December 2010...life happened, had to be rescheduled to March 2011. And I'm looking forward to her travel schedule coming out for the fall, she's a great lady

Point I'm making, these ladies are not out of the ordinary, explain to them your circumstances, long term planning does take place, and you will be rewarded by meeting great ladies

RG

• Like 1

One comment...

FWIW, I never gave out my number last time I had one, and to this day I have no idea how it got out. Maybe I forgot to block it when making a call, I don't bloody know.

No reputable SP will *ever* let your phone number out into the wild, unless you do something that requires that other SPs be warned that you're bad news. Not that I'm implying for a moment that you would, of course.

Also, AFAIK most SPs don't answer calls from blocked numbers.

If you're *really* paranoid about this, buy a pay-as-you-go phone that takes top-up cards (no contract), pay cash, and give a false name and address when you do if any is required. That way there's no way the number can be traced to you. At least, not without *serious* effort and resources :)

And okay, I know, that was three comments. So sue me :)