WOW! Billy Idol/Def Leppard Concert

Wow all I can say is Wow, what a terrific show. For those of us who partied in the 80s if you have the chance to see this concert anywhere else in North America, don't miss your chance. It will bring back the memories, if those brain cells haven't been permanently destroyed! If you're too young to have experienced either group 1st time around, go and see what a real rock show looks like. It will blow your socks off.

As many of you might know this here cowboy was a DJ at many of Ottawa's finest (and no so finest) Gentlemens clubs in the 80's/early 90s both Idol and Leppard cranked out some of the best peeler tunes of the time with hits like Pour some sugar on me, Rebel Yell and classic carpet show ballads; Love Bites and Eyes without a Face. So I was all to familiar with the set lists from both performances. In this day and age of performers "tracking" or lip syncing during live performances it was refreshing to hear both bands sound as good if not better than they did 20 some odd years ago.

I had seen Idol in the 80s at the Civic centre ,he opened for Dire Straits and put on a freakin fantastic show back then and displayed the same energy and showman ship at tonight's performance.

This concert was orginaly slated for April of this year with REO Speedwagon and Styx opening for Leppard, however Joe Elliot fell ill the night before and they had to reschedule. While it would have been great to relive the 80s with REO Speedwagon and Styx, I cannot possibly imagine the show being as energetic or entertaining as tonight's performance. It was as Billy Idol would say Fan-FUCKING-tastic.

Leppard played a few new tunes which remain faithful to their style and Billy Idol played a new song which I've just bought off Itunes, a tribute to the ultimate cowboy, John Wayne. This new tune is incredible and hopefully just a taste of more great tunes to come from Idol.

Thanks for indulging me with this retrospective journey to my youthful cowpoke years, what a great time. Seriously you should all go, there's no possible way you could not have a great time.

CK,

Where was this show held at? I never heard anything. I must be out of the loop.

Scotiabank Place

Thanks.

Too bad I missed it. From CK's perspective, sounds like it was a great show.

I remember seeing Def Leppard back in the day at the Civic Center...it was nice to see them again but they still are a little Pop and choreographed for me. I must say, I preferred Billy Idol. He rocked the house man! Steve Stevens was great and their rendition of Blue Highway was mesmerizing. I felt old being there with 13,000 other old rockers but hey man, that's who we are and at least we made it this far. Some of the 80's ladies still look good to these tired old eyes, I'm glad I went!

I wish Styx had made it though. I'll have to travel out of town and see them...they're touring and I think they're playing upstate New York soon.

I remember seeing Def Leppard back in the day at the Civic Center...it was nice to see them again but they still are a little Pop and choreographed for me. I must say, I preferred Billy Idol. He rocked the house man! Steve Stevens was great and their rendition of Blue Highway was mesmerizing. I felt old being there with 13,000 other old rockers but hey man, that's who we are and at least we made it this far. Some of the 80's ladies still look good to these tired old eyes, I'm glad I went!

I wish Styx had made it though. I'll have to travel out of town and see them...they're touring and I think they're playing upstate New York soon.

It was a great show, and yes Idol was amazing. I've never been able to master the guitar, but Stevens has always inspired me he is sooo good.

Styx would have been nice to see, but not sure it would be the same without Denis Deyoung, although I enjoy Lawrence Gowan as a performer.

I'll keep an eye out for ya Capitalman next time I'm at SBP I'm usually somewere on the 200 or 400 level, I'm the guy with the horse.

I couldn't accept that I was going to miss Styx, so I hopped in a car with some friends and we saw them perform at the New York State Fair the other day (in Syracuse). What a show! They were amazing. It helped that I knew all the words to all their songs, so I really enjoyed the show. Boston played too. I wasn't that impressed with them, very mechanical but good. I was really there for Styx.

I wasn't too sure about Gowan (never really liked him) but man can he rock! I like him now. He did Come Sail Away very well, not quite Dennis DeYoung but very close with his own style to it. Tommy Shaw and JY were the main attractions and they didn't let me down...they rocked all night too! They played all the favourites like Lorelei (love that tune), Renegade, Crystall Ball, Grand Illusion, Miss America.....I can't wait to see them again.

Agreed, I was really looking forward to Styx and wanting to give Lawarence Gowan a chance, I didn't mind him back in the day. While disappointed that I didn't get to see Styx, i wouldn't have wanted to miss the concert i did see!

A Styx/Boston concert sounds awesome, I'd have been there for sure had I known! Glad you had a good time!

Tickets were a mere $49 and both bands were amazing. It was like 1984 all over again! Look up the New York State Fair, they get some excellent bands every year and they're only about a 3 hour drive from us. I wonder what Syracuse has to offer for us pooners? Maybe a road trip GT for us Cerbites!? Take in a concert and do a little spooning......