Mammoliti pushes for Toronto Island brothels

Guest W***ledi*Time

Nice article - another set of comments ...

"I used to think that North Americans and Canadians in particular were just prudish conservatives who didn't understand progress when it came to things like topless beaches and prostitution. I'm wrong. Canadians (well, many of them) actually agree with me.

An online survey conducted in 2009 from a sampling of Canadian adults showed that prostitution was considered "morally acceptable" by 42% of Canadians. "

http://news.sympatico.ca/oped/coffee-talk/should_toronto_have_a_red_light_district/de5c3e0b

Interesting article.

The concerns appear to be proximity to children and potential for crime due to increased traffic and security questions. Some folks had a "Not in my backyard" opinion.

Although it seems to be a municipal matter right now, I remember there was a lot of hand-wringing when Ontario decided to get into the gambling business. I'm just trying to equate vices here.

So what say you...and I may be appealing to the choir, but should Ontario get into the prostitution business?

What about the indy/agency people out there - would licensing, inspections, health certifications, revenue declaration be something that interests you or would that just introduce more headaches?

Do you think legalized prostitution will happen in our lifetimes?

Should we have a Red-light district here in Ottawa? If so, where?

Red Light district? Having visited the red light district in Amsterdam it would be cool IF it would happen in Canada,(regardless where ever), but I'm not holding my breath, so NO don't think it would happen in my life time as far as I'm concerned.