Last-minute Availability Tool

OK... what the hell am I referring to?

Well... Recently I got "last-minute cancelled" yet once again and I got to thinking (after I got over the disappointment that is). BTW - the reasons for cancelling were all legit; please note that I'm not slagging the SP's here.

So I wondered.... Is there a way to construct a last-minute availability tool on CERB? It would be unbelievably useful for BOTH clients and SPs.

A few days ago there was a thread about no-shows. If it's as bad as the thread suggested I'm sure all SPs have experienced this sooner or later. Even a legitimate and polite cancellation may leave the SP less angry, but still in the lurch with what will become a completely wasted time slot.

And speaking personally from a client's perspective, last minute cancellations are a REAL drag as well. Or maybe it's not even a cancellation. Maybe I just suddenly decide, I wanna rock and roll right NOW(!) but do not have a 'reservation'.

If there was way to post last minute availability on both sides of the transaction to let interested parties connect it would be a hell of a start in the right direction.

Last minute time slots are like last minute plane seats or last minute hotel rooms. They essentially have no economic shelf life. If not consummed, the value is lost forever. Can we find a way to monetize that soon-to-be-lost opportunity for the SPs? Can we find a way to re-direct a pumped-up and ready-to-go client who just got nuked out or who doesn't have a reservation?

Mod - any ideas how to do this in a CERB context?

Anyone else - ideas?

If we can figure this out, it will be worth its weight in gold (for the SPs literally true)

Guest f***2f***

This idea has a lot of merit especially in the Ottawa market where we are so very active on this board. the trouble is that most sps are on multiple boards and advertising on other sites etc. It sure is worth looking at though.

I have not had a lot of luck with last minute bookings with a couple of notable exceptions and a system would help a lot for both sps and clients....I second the notion.

I,frequently, only ever do last minute appointments. I have to be in the mood, for one. Two, it cuts down on no-shows and re-scheduling, immensly. I'm in too.;)

Guest *D E**a

Yes! This would be an extremely effective and useful tool.......I def would use it XO DD Emma :D

I agree but isn't it already there. All the SP has to do is make a post in the announcement section. I have seen it in the past. Latest post always show in the headings and usually on EC.

Sounds like a good idea. Are you maybe talking about a scheduling system that could show who is available say right now, or maybe in two hours from now or even to see who is available next Wednesday at 2:30.

new challenge for you mod.

I think thats what the calendar at the top of the page is suppose to be for. I think? Who am I trying to kid! LOL!

Catherine

I'm a spontaneous guy, I hate booking ahead like a restaurant reservation. I'm more likely to walk in, see a big line up and go elsewhere until I end up in a Ma and Pa establishment with the best home cooking on the planet that nobody knew about!

I'm a spontaneous guy, I hate booking ahead like a restaurant reservation. I'm more likely to walk in, see a big line up and go elsewhere until I end up in a Ma and Pa establishment with the best home cooking on the planet that nobody knew about!

When it comes to restaurants, I wholeheartedly agree! I love finding the little out of the way places that no one knows about. Unfortunately, due to the laws in this country we are not allowed to have a true, down home style. I would love to have the rambling house in the country full of voluptuous vixens lounging on chaises in their lingerie where men can come and just have a good time! Somewhere that you park your car and no one driving by can see it, and everyone there forgets everyone else as soon as they leave but give knowing winks over the table when the little wives have a neighbourhood dinner party. Where the bar is always open, the pool is always cool and the girls are exactly what you need to warm up after a cold day. But alas, we can't...yet.

So, we set up in respectable neighbourhoods and keep our lawns neatly manicured so we don't stand out. We open the garage door so your car fits inside and no one driving by can see it. We sit alone when there are no visitors and wait. Appointments, an inconvenient but necessary evil.

Catherine

• Like 2

When it comes to restaurants, I wholeheartedly agree! I love finding the little out of the way places that no one knows about. Unfortunately, due to the laws in this country we are not allowed to have a true, down home style. I would love to have the rambling house in the country full of voluptuous vixens lounging on chaises in their lingerie where men can come and just have a good time! Somewhere that you park your car and no one driving by can see it, and everyone there forgets everyone else as soon as they leave but give knowing winks over the table when the little wives have a neighbourhood dinner party. Where the bar is always open, the pool is always cool and the girls are exactly what you need to warm up after a cold day. But alas, we can't...yet.

So, we set up in respectable neighbourhoods and keep our lawns neatly manicured so we don't stand out. We open the garage door so your car fits inside and no one driving by can see it. We sit alone when there are no visitors and wait. Appointments, an inconvenient but necessary evil.

Catherine

I was in a place in Bogata some years back that was just freakin' unbelievable. Everything Cat described but MUCH, MUCH more. OMG!!! In those days, the greenback went a LONGGGG way in those places. Man, I dove in and thought I'd never leave!!!! My God, those South American ladies were FINE!

I agree but isn't it already there. All the SP has to do is make a post in the announcement section. I have seen it in the past. Latest post always show in the headings and usually on EC.

Skater... yeah... sort of. Not consistently used though for last minute type stuff although it could be. It's also missing the other side of the equation.

Can't wait to hear what Mod says.

The whole idea kinda reminds me of 'selloffvacations.com' or whatever that site is where if you are prepared to go RIGHT NOW to whatever destination is available, you get one helluva deal. (I'm not suggesting SPs cut their prices however just to sell-off last minute slots although that may be a marketing strategy some find of interest)

Skater... yeah... sort of. Not consistently used though for last minute type stuff although it could be. It's also missing the other side of the equation.

How about a "Last Minute" area, where both guests and SP's can put up immediate time availability? Top of the page for SP's (cause most of us like being on top!) and then the bottom for those with a hankerin? It could come right after the advertising sections.

I also think that the calendar is very underutilized. I am in flux right now but once things have settled down and I have a schedule I plan on putting my availability on it in 3 month increments. It's a great idea that everyone can benefit from. Communication is key...

Catherine

"So, we set up in respectable neighbourhoods and keep our lawns neatly manicured so we don't stand out. We open the garage door so your car fits inside and no one driving by can see it. We sit alone when there are no visitors and wait. Appointments, an inconvenient but necessary evil."

well said Catherine...it can be a lonley world out there ...

Emma A

How about a "Last Minute" area, where both guests and SP's can put up immediate time availability? Top of the page for SP's (cause most of us like being on top!) and then the bottom for those with a hankerin? It could come right after the advertising sections.

I also think that the calendar is very underutilized. I am in flux right now but once things have settled down and I have a schedule I plan on putting my availability on it in 3 month increments. It's a great idea that everyone can benefit from. Communication is key...

Catherine

Your last 3 words sum it up very well, if there is an cancellation with my Indy SP, I normally would use a

agency (I know the number off by heart)...or go see a very good MA (know their number as well).

I really don't know how well a system is going to work for someone next on the batting order,next in line, or I want to see, would work..

I'm on my way to the location...get the call and the SP can't see me for whatever reasons...now what? Not everyone carries a palm pilot to get on line to make calls or send text messages right away, to put me on your cancellation list or can you see me right now.

Maybe I'm not looking at this in the same light.

On the other hand, if your hobbiest pulls the famous no show, or calls the SP and can't make his appointment, I guess the SP could advertise on a calendar here, and states she has a opening at ???? am or pm TODAY!

Then watch the flood gates open with phone calls/text messages/emails...smoke signals..it would a very tiring experience just to get that appointment with that lovely SP.

Catherine

What she said... that's exactly what I'm talking about. Mod - over to you!

Thanks Cat, I just discovered the Calendar at the top of the page. It doesn't indicate the "present to next few hours" of availability though. It would be nice if it did.

The problem is that people other than SP's are turning the calendar into a chat room so the SP would have to be well identified or have a special section for "Immediate availability" as suggested by Cat. There would be different problems for the different situations too many to mention here. I am confident someone here will come up with the solution as usual.

I'm all for the suggestion. Good thread!

leyley

Then watch the flood gates open with phone calls/text messages/emails...smoke signals..it would a very tiring experience just to get that appointment with that lovely SP.

We could bid, like an auction! "I'll bid 250 for that 1pm slot. Oh, you'll do 275? Okay, I'm in for 300....anyone else? 3 minutes left before bidding is closed...anyone? 310 anywhere?"

• Like 1

We could bid, like an auction! "I'll bid 250 for that 1pm slot. Oh, you'll do 275? Okay, I'm in for 300....anyone else? 3 minutes left before bidding is closed...anyone? 310 anywhere?"

Now were talking, I like that idea...(it probably weed out the lurkers), and our ladies would enjoy the bidding process...good one:)

I dunno if I find the notion of sitting around waiting for customers to come in all that appealing -- but then, I've worked both ways, and that's why I feel there's something to be said for having a life beyond this.

Why not a happy medium? Call 20-30 minutes in advance? That gives your favourite lady a chance to wrap up what she's doing and slither into something sexy for you. I, personally, don't like to take new clients from the Sun on more notice than that due to cancellations and other problems*. Advance bookings are for known and trusted regulars.

(*Re: "other problems," you know how some ladies like to have customers call from a local payphone? Well, I decided to try it. It worked out quite well! Unfortunately, not for me, but for a streetwalker who discovered that if she hung around, she could scoop my business by approaching the guys at the phone and undercutting me. She wasn't much to look at, but the price was apparently pretty good! And you couldn't beat the deal for her -- I was paying for the advertising; she was getting the business. Can you believe the nerve of some people? A couple people who didn't take her up on her offer told me about it. At first, I didn't believe it, but I had someone check it out. She's gone now -- but too, I stopped asking people to phone me from that payphone. Sheesh!)

..c..

Well.. the chat room seams to be a good place for this type of last minute thing (and many men are visiting the room just for that)

I did write a script years ago for a agency who wanted to show IN REAL TIME who was available at any given moment. We made a admin page where the agency owner could click on and off the ladies who are available or not. It worked really well for them but other agencies did not want to bother with something like this for various reasons.

Now... most of the ladies prefer advanced bookings but let's face it... if other guys are anything like me.... they (1) usually not that organized (2) have no idea if they will be in "the mood" at that time

... and since we do have a problem with last minute cancellations.... this may be one of the reasons for that. When making advanced bookings is the only way to make a booking with some SP's I figure a lot of guys make the bookings in advance and then either cave and spend the money somewhere else, not in the mood once the appointment rolls around or just get involved in something and don't have time to go to the appointment (and they should have the decency to call and cancle but when a guy calls and cancels last minute he probably expects to get the thrid degree over the phone from the SP so maybe that contibutes to the problem as well).

Most of us men are probably like me and think... "hey I am really in the mood right now" I know personally I can not say "You know I may be in the mood at 4pm next Tuesday" so I think a last minute booking area would be handy for ladies who are ok accepting last minute appointments and for all the guys who can not predict when they will be in the mood or have enough free time to visit a lady.

It would be great to have a instant messaging plug in for this board where people could post such things but you all have to tell us if you are interested in something like this or not... and also you need to tell the ladies if you prefer advanced bookings or prefer a last minute bookings. Maybe a poll?

I can't be the only guy who can not predict free time, needs and moods. I know... stereotypically guys are always in the mood... but that is not true (at least not for everyone)

I would prefer last minuet bookings however out of respect for the ladies I do book ahead, sometimes the anticipation of the booking is half the fun. I have nights were I could barley sleep because of the excitement of the next day! Then you get the dreaded txt or email "sorry hun I can't today!" and what is left? dialing for ladies and I hate that.

I prefer advance booking because then I am sure of seeing the lady I want to unless she needs to cancel but it hasn't happened often and I got another booking for a day or two later. I agree it is hard to plan ahead but some ladies I am afraid even if they did get a cancellation I might not find out in time. I am not allowed to access CERB at work. I still think it would be good for the SPs if they could advertise cancellation.

When I'm traveling I've often thought this would be handy to have as I don't know the scene in the city I'm in. This might be good for people that are visiting Ottawa as well and find themselves with an evening free.

I do like this idea for last minute bookings. It would be a great addition to CERB.

As said by others previously, I also book in advance. But I have had the provider cancel or not be there, so a last minute availability site could be useful. But only if it is supported by our providers. I'm not sure there is a consensus there.