Problems burning DVD but no problems burning CD

I've got a weird problem...

I'm using Windows XP and for some reason I can't copy files to a DVD Rom, but I have no problem burning a CD Rom. Before anyone asks, I have a DVD Rom that is re-writable and recordable.

When I burn to a CD Rom, I just simply copy and paste to the CD/DVD Rom drive and then select "write these files to the CD/DVD Rom"

When I try and burn to a DVD Rom, it just hangs and it says that there is a problem with the files I want to copy onto the DVD Rom.

I was able to copy onto a DVD with no problem in the past, not sure what I've done now to make that impossible.

Many thanks,

MrGreek :)

Guest S*rca****sid
I've got a weird problem...

I'm using Windows XP and for some reason I can't copy files to a DVD Rom, but I have no problem burning a CD Rom. Before anyone asks, I have a DVD Rom that is re-writable and recordable.

When I burn to a CD Rom, I just simply copy and paste to the CD/DVD Rom drive and then select "write these files to the CD/DVD Rom"

When I try and burn to a DVD Rom, it just hangs and it says that there is a problem with the files I want to copy onto the DVD Rom.

I was able to copy onto a DVD with no problem in the past, not sure what I've done now to make that impossible.

Many thanks,

MrGreek :)

Window XP does not have a native DVD burning capabilities. You will need to get a third party program.

Try ImgBurn, it is free and very good program.

http://www.imgburn.com/