Firefox crashing..

Hey All.

So after the last Firefox update, my Mac computers have started crashing to the point of the dreaded 'power off' (kernel panic) screen. Both computers have the latest OSX installed and just recently had a Firefox update. I've now noticed this on my Macbook Pro and my iMac. Dumping Firefox off the system and installing it fresh from download seems to have cured the issue (for now).

Just wanted to share this in case anyone else is having the same issue.

Guest S*rca****sid
Hey All.

So after the last Firefox update, my Mac computers have started crashing to the point of the dreaded 'power off' (kernel panic) screen. Both computers have the latest OSX installed and just recently had a Firefox update. I've now noticed this on my Macbook Pro and my iMac. Dumping Firefox off the system and installing it fresh from download seems to have cured the issue (for now).

Just wanted to share this in case anyone else is having the same issue.

I have never had an issue with Firefox and I have a Macbook pro.

*Reminder to everyone, there is an Apple social group for anyone who has an Apple product or interested in knowing more about them.

Its sounds like Firefox is having a problem loading one of your Add-ons. Try restarting Firefox with the Add-ons disabled. You can find the "Restart with Add-ons Disabled" under the help menu. Here is a link to Firefox Safe Mode. http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode If Firefox works in Safe Mode, turn-off all the Add-ons, re-start Firefox, then turn on the Add-ons one by one until Firefox crashes then go back and remove or disable that Add-on.

As I said I just dumped the whole lot into the bin and installed fresh and everything was fine but if it acts up I will try your suggestions. Thanks.