Dear Mod, chat is great but....

I really like the chat lately. It's opening up a lot of old memories from years ago and opening some new ones too. There's a crazy bunch in there at night!

But I have to say, the censoring (eg: type the word shit and you get "(Oh Silly me - Pardon the language but apparently I have a potty

mouth today) "

It's really annoying! Also, if you use an acronym like GFE a big long explanation of what it means spits out!! How effing annoying is that!?

Can you please help us get rid of this stuff? I think I speak for a lot of the chatters.....it sucks! :)

Guest f***2f***
I really like the chat lately. It's opening up a lot of old memories from years ago and opening some new ones too. There's a crazy bunch in there at night!

But I have to say, the censoring (eg: type the word shit and you get "(Oh Silly me - Pardon the language but apparently I have a potty

mouth today) "

It's really annoying! Also, if you use an acronym like GFE a big long explanation of what it means spits out!! How effing annoying is that!?

Can you please help us get rid of this stuff? I think I speak for a lot of the chatters.....it sucks! :)

I agree....What the "potty mouthed expletive?" mod......it's so stupid...who cares if we use the f word and let the folks figure out the acronyms!!:twisted:

I never noticed that there was censorship in chat but I can see that it could be vexing.

Some of you seam to use those words in every sentence (Not the terms like GFE but the f word and shit every other sentence... why?)

Sure you may not take offense to it or see anything wrong with it and if it was intended to be a "all guys" chat and you were tossing those words around with the boys I probably would not have a problem with it... I personally am not easily offended but you don't see me coming in saying fuck this and fuck that... it's not polite.

The ladies probably are not going to appreciate it either ... sure some of them would have no problem with it but some would be offended and is the purpose of the chat to have a sausage fest or a party room?

I will remove the long funny censors (That was just to show you how much your actually doing it - as your probably not even aware your carring on like that) but it's in your hands to decide to stop or not as it will make the chat a unpleasent place for the ladies ... you are doing more hard then good if you want the room to sucseed as a place for the ladies to come and feel comfortable joinging in the discussions and chats if you allow it to continue.

• Like 1

Mod's right.

I know I personally use the f-word a lot. Why? It's just how I've been brought up. Not by my parents, but just how me and the guys in the hood talked, ya know? To put myself into "Aunt and Uncle's house" mode is hard...but I'm gonna try.

Thanks Mod.

That is nice to hear. Unfortunately not everyone is doing that but we should all behave more like gentlemen when the ladies pop in to say hi.

I'm going to try hard and try to keep everyone in line too with friendly reminders. That is my job ya know. The pot calling the kettle black though...so I must change first, be a good example!

From the logs I think you are probably the worst on for using the F bomb! LOL... but being conscious about it would help.

As for the chat the company says they have fixed the problem with some new firewall rules. I can log in fine now first try but they told me before they fixed it and the problem got bad again so let me know if you still have problems logging in please.

"From the logs I think you are probably the worst on for using the F bomb!"

WHAT!!?? See, now you've convinced me I must change.

LOL... I know I do it too on occasion without even realizing it (More in speech them type) but you probably lead in most f-bombs dropped in a single day - lol

ROFL what a great place this is! Mods with a sense of humor! Who would'a thought! Congratz CMan!

Yes congrat's Cap that is one of the nicest awards I have seen, I think there are a few members who would qualify!! But then sometimes I really like a good potty mouth :)