Gatineau MP busts

All Asian. Maybe the cops got the bait and switch and the wrong people are in jail? :)

Damn Cap, I nearly sprayed coffee on my keyboard.

Could be a coincidence but notice the address's of the places. Seems like the agenda or intent of the bust was to clean up a specific neighbourhood on that side of the river.

Across Canada the police have been targeting Asian sex trade bawdy houses. They are usually listed as "Massage" and are mostly sex slavery based - women forced to work in these places. I am not saying for sure this is the reason in your area but all year long they have been targeting these Asian based massage spas all over the country. Chances are a lot of them are behind the B&S stuff.

Good point, Mod. If it is connected then Gatineau clearly has a serious problem going on with women being pretty much held as captives in the sex trade. There was another story along the same lines on that side of the river just a few weeks ago. Anyhow, it all goes to show that when choosing an MP, always go to a place that's reputable.

It's also worth noting that similar stings have been conducted in that town over the past few years at addresses that look very familiar to those that I see in the Sun article.

Gotta love those sun writers lol!!

"It wasn't a happy ending for 17 people arrested during a joint-forces probe that rubbed out nine massage parlours in Gatineau"

When you flood the Market the way they did you are bound to bring unwanted attention to yourself that many places in one little strip it was only a matter of time I think

Could be a coincidence but notice the address's of the places. Seems like the agenda or intent of the bust was to clean up a specific neighbourhood on that side of the river.

I'm inclined to agree with kih. It's more like a neighbourhood cleanup. Odd that Ottawa Police were involved. Makes me wonder if we will see similar action on this side of the river.

With regards to suggestions that the girls were enslaved, I have made friends with a few Asian MPs over the years and they all told me they were just there for the money and that they were there by their own choice. None of these gals had pimps or 'boyfriends' that controlled them. I'm not saying this doesn't happen, I just don't think that it's a common problem in the Asian studios around here.

My bet would be that those places were operating without licence, brought too much attention to locations. If they were advertising, they had uncover, then a sting operation to clean up.My good friend is by-law officer, he has had to go under cover to check if there has been more offering inside the rub room...Ottawa police busted 3 places 2 years back for adveristing in the paper/phone number..but no licence. I kid him once and a while and asked him if got extras...he just laughs it off:boobies:

My bet would be that those places were operating without licence, brought too much attention to locations. If they were advertising, they had uncover, then a sting operation to clean up.My good friend is by-law officer, he has had to go under cover to check if there has been more offering inside the rub room...Ottawa police busted 3 places 2 years back for adveristing in the paper/phone number..but no licence. I kid him once and a while and asked him if got extras...he just laughs it off:boobies:

Some people just get stuck with the bad jobs. Poor guy!! You are probably right especially the part about too much attention. Too many almost next to each other and this was a quiet area of town in the evening. Yoy don't walk around in that area and get unnoticed. The only other thing other than the massage studios that was open at night was a pizza place. Maybe clients should have walked around with a pizza box in their hands!!!

I'm inclined to agree with kih. It's more like a neighbourhood cleanup. Odd that Ottawa Police were involved. Makes me wonder if we will see similar action on this side of the river.

It is not odd that Ottawa police were involved. The studios were located in the Hull area but it is most likely the Asians involved were living in Ottawa. I am not aware of an Asian community on the Gatineau side of the river.

Yesterday I was on chat and mentioned I was heading out west for a few days and mentioned smoe of the distractions available in Victoria. The subject turned towards the differences in attitude and enforcement differences between there and here. Here we have busts going on in Hull, most SPs set up in hotels or do outcall only becasue of the fear of unwanted police attention. Whereas Incall agencies have operated openly in Victoria for years. Just to show whee the debate is compared to here, here are some links to media stories in the west coast papers (compliments of the SweetVIPs website)

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=01c8a779-7aa8-4462-92d6-0e43a88d5000&k=63643

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070901.wbrothel0901/BNStory/National/home

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/comment/story.html?id=3eac369b-6e07-482c-a3c7-fba88cc49d82

http://www.businessinsurance.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?articleId=25558&a=a&bt=profession

It just shows that as a country we can not get on the same page.

Hey doobie, I think back to an article on a huge Asian bust in the Somerset-Preston area when a multitude of international and local police made busts all over the world and one of the biggest mob-bosses caught was a local chinese woman, can't remember her name but apparently she was a mean bitch. Drugs, pills, money laundering and parlors where on all her list.

Hey doobie, I think back to an article on a huge Asian bust in the Somerset-Preston area when a multitude of international and local police made busts all over the world and one of the biggest mob-bosses caught was a local chinese woman, can't remember her name but apparently she was a mean bitch. Drugs, pills, money laundering and parlors where on all her list.

I remember that. It goes back a couple of years. I believe she was Vietnamese. I remember the drug connection but not the massage. Thanks.

Here's the info on that one. It was April 2004 Police say Ottawa was the "heart" of the network. The mastermind behind it was a 38-year-old Vietnamese woman, Mai Le The headquarters was an inconspicuous shop, located in a rundown, concrete block warehouse in the heart of Ottawa's Little Italy. Few people would have suspected that behind the sewing machines, Vivi Fashion was really a front for one of the largest international marijuana distribution and money-laundering criminal networks to operate out of Ottawa -- a network with ties to Vietnam and elsewhere in Southeast Asia. No mention of massage. She was into weed.