Dragon Program?

Hi guys!

Need your help to keep the image my dad has of me lol. For some reason parents believe 'us young people' as they call us know everything when it comes to computers. I'm far from being tech-savvy and have been asked by dad to get him the 'dragon program'.

He was told he needed it it for a sony stereo IC recorder (ICD-UX200) he just purchased. Does anyone know where can I get this program? Can I download it or have to purchase it?

I searched on google but not sure if found the right one. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Isabella. Not sure at all if this is what he is looking for. Probably not based on what you said. There is a program called Dragon Speech that is used in education for the visually impaired.....voice recognition, voice to text and so on.

Here is the website.

http://www.nuance.com/dragon/index.htm

Hi Isabella,

I quickly read the manual (google "ICD-UX200 manual") and did not see any mention about the need for a program. According to page 83, you

simply plug the ICD into a USB port on your computer and Windows will recognize the device. You can then copy files from/to the ICD and the computer using the good ol' drag-n-drop method.

Feel free to contact me if you need further help.

A M

Guest S*rca****sid
Hi guys!

Need your help to keep the image my dad has of me lol. For some reason parents believe 'us young people' as they call us know everything when it comes to computers. I'm far from being tech-savvy and have been asked by dad to get him the 'dragon program'.

He was told he needed it it for a sony stereo IC recorder (ICD-UX200) he just purchased. Does anyone know where can I get this program? Can I download it or have to purchase it?

I searched on google but not sure if found the right one. Any help will be appreciated.

Can you provide any more details? Is it a third party program? What type of program is it?

Seems to me that Isabella's dad wants to have the speech transcribe to text, for example a lecture he attended would become a nice, sleek, set of notes (we can only hope!).

Dragon (nuance.com mentioned below) may have that capability. Not clear from cnet review I found.

Best of luck!

Edited by toine

Do you mean dragon dictation? I have it on the iphone it is great, it is only compatible with select blackberry models though which kind of sucks.

I don't think so but I wish I could say yes or no for sure. As I said in the store where my dad purchased the recorder he was told he would need that program.

Do you mean dragon dictation? I have it on the iphone it is great, it is only compatible with select blackberry models though which kind of sucks.

Guys I'm sorry for not being able to provide more details/information but is all I got. Thank you again for trying to help :)