Name changes....... and not scams?! hmmmm

In another thread there was mention of name changes always being perceived as scams.

Although my, well for lack of a better term, "true" name has always been Madison Sparks, but I've also gone under other names for short periods of time because of look and personality changes(I will explain this in a moment, promise).

But have lied about being Madison or did willfully seek to deceive clients? In my opinion, no I have not, but I do see where it can be perceived as so and for that I deeply apologize.

I at heart am a performer/dancer/magician and I like to bring a bit of that into my work as and SP. From time to time I like to bring on a character for us ALL to play with. (you did come to play, right?)

From the PunkRock Princess(my personal fave :P) to the Posh European Debutant (I am french you know) these "fully developed characters" are always under additional advertisements and phone numbers not associated with, lets say, the Madison brand. I saw it as more of a "Garth Brooks as Chris Gains" type of deal, the same artist doing 2 different projects at the same time. (I think I got the names wrong but I'm sure you can infer from that)

Now that I have confessed the method of my maddness, I will be sure to advertise any future characters to be associated with myself, Madison.

Peace love and kisses

The Artisan Courtesan

Madison Sparks ;)

Miss Madison,

I understand your motivations completely and you must be such fun! I to don't quite grasp the offense taken when a provider changes names or developes different personas for different venues. There is often method in the madness that we should not be forced to justify or explain. Perhaps making all your personas members of the Sparks family would work. Branding quality whether they want to rock with a punk princess or a debutante is always a good thing...

cat

Guest t**obb****

a new name on a listing or board often suggests something new.

in tbay, there are only a few SPs on this board, and there are only a few other regular providers that advertise.

If a new name pops up and it ends up being the same SP someone has spoken with, along with the same location, and the same offerings as before, it can sometimes appear to some as misleading.

that said, the only reason i'd care, is if this person was someone who treated me unprofessionally previously, and I'd rather avoid the embarrassment of calling and not booking for services.

I think exploring the corners of your personalities and expressing them in a healthy way is fine, as long as your having fun, go for it :)

Yeh I am sure some if not many might view this in a negative light given the first thought that comes to mind when this comes up, but most of these folks have never tried to remake themselves.

Such an undertaking often requires a new name As a place to start.

PIO

This isn't directed at any specific SP in Tbay

I also read reviews from other boards

From what I have read and seen in the bigger city

girls change name & phone # to keep the scam going

Once an SP gets know for bait and switch or not providing the services as she said she was going to, they start to lose business as they get reviewed on multiple boards.

The power of the internet today.

Most guys will still stick around once they find out its a girl they have been with before

I guess you can say we think with the wrong head sometimes

Guest ***t***iv***

I loved being able to change my name when I got bored! I have never changed it to purposely 'trick' anyone.

Quite the opposite; I tell my clients if I am planning a name change and when arranging dates after a name change, I state that I had another name. Usually, the number even stays the same. The only time I've ever changed both at the same time is when I've relocated in the past, and I'm still honest.

When I started, part of the fun was trying on different names to see what clicked! Now that I have a name I really, really love that I feel 'fits' (6 years later), I certainly plan to keep it permanently. But.. things change. I could get bored again; might need a little change to keep it interesting someday. Never know.

Besides, it really only matters if the hobbyists attracted to the new name don't want to see that particular SP, as tbhobbyist pointed out. People don't often have to hide which SP they are, even in this city. And when they do, I'm sure it's because they've done something to wrong that hobbyist or hobbyists, (again as tbhobbyist said) so I doubt they will be likely to forget enough to be fooled by a name&number change anyway!

I loved being able to change my name when I got bored! I have never changed it to purposely 'trick' anyone.

Quite the opposite; I tell my clients if I am planning a name change and when arranging dates after a name change, I state that I had another name. Usually, the number even stays the same. The only time I've ever changed both at the same time is when I've relocated in the past, and I'm still honest.

When I started, part of the fun was trying on different names to see what clicked! Now that I have a name I really, really love that I feel 'fits' (6 years later), I certainly plan to keep it permanently. But.. things change. I could get bored again; might need a little change to keep it interesting someday. Never know.

Besides, it really only matters if the hobbyists attracted to the new name don't want to see that particular SP, as tbhobbyist pointed out. People don't often have to hide which SP they are, even in this city. And when they do, I'm sure it's because they've done something to wrong that hobbyist or hobbyists, (again as tbhobbyist said) so I doubt they will be likely to forget enough to be fooled by a name&number change anyway!

That was quite a big breath you used at the end there. Nice.

Posted via Mobile Device

Might be an interesting contest if an SP was thinking of having a name change to get her clients to nominate a new name... the winner could get a key fob or something :)

• Like 1

LOL TBayBoy ur posts always make me smile!!! but what fun would it be to have any SP contest, like the exotic dancer comps lol. tee hee I'm sure there would be many men "volunteering" to be judges hahahaha

Edited by Madison_Sparks
was an incompete thought, edited it to be more clear

LOL TBayBoy ur posts always make me smile!!! but what fun would it be to have any SP contest, like the exotic dancer comps lol. tee hee I'm sure there would be many men "volunteering" to be judges hahahaha

Maybe we could have a SP camp day, something similar to Tim Horton's ;)

Egg relay races, paper airplane design contests, heck we could team up and build bird houses and stuff. :)

Miss Madison,

I understand your motivations completely and you must be such fun! I to don't quite grasp the offense taken when a provider changes names or developes different personas for different venues. There is often method in the madness that we should not be forced to justify or explain. Perhaps making all your personas members of the Sparks family would work. Branding quality whether they want to rock with a punk princess or a debutante is always a good thing...

cat

i think thats a really unique idea!! -- just had to say that...

but with changing names all the time, and phone numbers with every name change even if you have mentioned that your name is being changed, get confusing?? Sugar, ive known you for a while now, and you are such a gorgeous, spunky, cute, lady, and i get people asking where you went when we worked together.... So it must get confusing for the gentlemen who havent seen you in a bit, and dont know where to find you right? Like they probably have to go through a few "new names" in the paper and stuff to actually figure out that you are still here, and really, its just a hassle for the men.

Im glad you found a name that you love, but perhaps you could use a "formally known as" for a bit, just to help the ones who know and want only you?

As for phone and name changes at the same time, i would think guys would wonder why right? ive had a few name changes, but they werent really changes... for the people i used to work for they would use my original name, plus a second name just to bring in new gentlemen (not my choice, but theirs) But ive always liked my name and maybe thats why ive never even considered a name-change, and in the 5 years ive been here, i have only changed my phone number once, because i left town for 6 months, travelling, and never used that number, and ended up not wanting everyone that used to have my number call me (like ex boyfriends)

Guest ***t***iv***

Awe thanks Angel,

you are such a gem for saying so! :oops: Strong compliments like those from someone as well known and respected as you speaks in tremendous volumes about me and most importantly, about my validity as a quality SP in this city (for any who may find themselves questioning it for whatever reason.)

And as always, you have great points to add to any discussion thread. I always enjoy reading your posts. I may just consider posting by 'before names' for the clients I didn't have the chance to inform prior to my recent name change, and the ones that haven't already found me lol :cool: ;)

I think it could get confusing but only if one was going over their limitations by creating more names than one can remember or using more than one name at a time. Personally I don't think I have changed my name all that much. Twice in the two years I've been back (from Cali to Starr<#1>, and from Starr to Sugar Kayne<2>), I was, after all, out of the industry for nearly 4 of the 6.5 years since I first started as a little Bambi of 19!

Of course people would wonder why, but my point is that it could be for any number of reasons someone changes name and number simultaneously. By using my own example I was trying to point out was that it may not necessarily mean scam, which is the topic of this thread, after all.

Edited by ***t***iv***
left out some due praise and key points