Pay for Play Phones

I have been thinking of getting a "pay for play"phone that is separate from my work mobile. Looking at Petro Can - any opinions about other companies?

Thanks.

Uli,

Staples has a pay as you go telus for about $60 and gives you your first $20 of talk/text time.

Simple to activate, go online and utilize a proxy server. Register

I know people with Bell and Telus who have the same complaint. No company has a perfect network in national captial area, given hills, rural areas without towers, certain blocked areas because of highrises, etc. etc.

i have a rogers phone and some place arond here i don't get any service so i don't think thier that great

UT,

just buy another SIM card and swap it with your regular one, saves you from having two phones. When you business is done, switch then again, and you are back.

Aren't sim cards registered at purchase to the respective buyer? I seem to recall the Source took all my particulars.

Aren't sim cards registered at purchase to the respective buyer? I seem to recall the Source took all my particulars.

If you go to Joe's mobile phone service at the corner of Fisher and Baseline, he will unlock a GSM phone (Rogers, Telus, 7-11, petrocan) for 20 bucks or so. Then it will take any SIM card.

........and virgin phones...

kisses,

Emma A

not after you are done with them.....hahahahaha

when i had my pay as you go phone i just gave them a fake name...there's also super store,and virgin phones...

kisses,

Emma A

Thanks Emma,

Its good to know that it can be done. :)

7-11 gave me a free phone for buying $100 of air time. good rates per minute. absolutely no info to give when starting it up; just key in the pin # of the purchase. since it was a cash sale, I can not be looked-up in reverse. call logs are eraseable. has call display and voice mail. uses Rogers tower network. pretty well a perfect hobbying phone.

O>

Im looking at getting a virgin mobile phone. when you put $25 on the phone it lasts 3 months, and as all providers theres an auto top-up program that will add whatever amount of credit you desire when it dips below your set auto top-up limit, or just before the the 3 months is up it will add your set top up limit to whatever credit you have left.

49.99 @ futureshop or best buy gets you a virgin mobile LG160 pay as you go phone that you can activate online for more free credit.

Ofc if you have a Rogers phone you can ask them for just a pay as you go sim card for $50, no questions need be asked of you.

Im looking at getting a virgin mobile phone. when you put $25 on the phone it lasts 3 months, and as all providers theres an auto top-up program that will add whatever amount of credit you desire when it dips below your set auto top-up limit, or just before the the 3 months is up it will add your set top up limit to whatever credit you have left.

49.99 @ futureshop or best buy gets you a virgin mobile LG160 pay as you go phone that you can activate online for more free credit.

Ofc if you have a Rogers phone you can ask them for just a pay as you go sim card for $50, no questions need be asked of you.

You can also get a Fido pay as you go SIM card with a $25 credit for about $20 on Ebay. They key in the number you want - no name and address needed. Fido has a 20c / min 24x7 plan with free voicemail - like 7-11 and Petrocan, and they all use the same network.

If you do a lot of traveling in the US like I do, you can also get a cheap T-mobile SIM card on Ebay for about 20 bucks. $100 gets you 1000 minutes which are valid all across the US, i.e. it is 10 c / min to call anywhere in the US from anywhere in the US with T-mobile. The minutes last 365 days AND carry over.

The bottom line is: unless you want a data plan as well, you do not need to be ripped off by the big 3.

• Like 1