St John's - Strip Club Posters Questioned

Guest W***ledi*Time

I really enjoy the freedom that we have in Canada to express our sexuality and openness but I do agree here that they may need to be a bit more discreet. Underage people will walk by those every days, if I don't think it bother teen boys, little kids and toddlers don't need to see those posters and ask their parents why is the lady naked on the poster?

People are worried about a few strip club signs, yet in downtown Toronto the sex stores on Yonge street are right there with very entertaining window displays. And do not forget about the other adult store on queen street with lingerie dancing models in the windows....The ads in St. John's are nothing compared to what it out in the open in other cities.

In this day and age, kids are going to see nudity almost everywhere (its on day time television) I think it is better to have it in the open and discuss it instead of hiding the matter.

Edited by *****ru****n

I think that st. John's still holds to a small town mentality when it come to sexually suggestive advertising. There is an adult sex shop just around the corner from there, window displays don't seem too outrageous just the same.

I think the people posting the adds are probably plastering them in inappropriate places, maybe getting paid by the poster, possibly over doing it. I believe the city has bylaws to remove posters every 30 days.

Sal