Cancellations!!!!!!

This a rant about a bee that sits in my bonnet and it's about time it got put out there. I have just heard from yet another Indie SP who is coming to Ottawa for a visit because she has been asked and encouraged. Now that her travel date is almost here, she has had numerous cancellations. This is a standard MO for Ottawa, I have spoken with agency managers and indies alike and they tell the same tale. The plans are made, the hotel deposits paid, flights paid for and then the cancellations start to come in and the inevitable no shows happen. The visits are seldom truly profitable, and it leaves a bitter taste on the tongue. So I will take a moment and break down the costs of a trip so it is understood what is involved when an SP takes on a trip...

1. Travel - if an SP is flying one will spend about $1000 for flight, extra bags, taxi etc.

2. Hotel - even a good deal online will run about $140 a night for a decent hotel so for week it will be a financial committment of another $1000.

3. On top of that there are the incidentals, food, refreshments for guests, and a number of other little niceties and toys that are expected which add up to about $250 for the week.

That is a bare minimum of $2250 outlayed to "come for a visit". At $250 a visit, that is 9 appointments for the week just to break even. If we stay put, we don't spend that time, money and effort and will still be able to service our established guests. When an SP makes a committment to travel she is putting her money on the line upfront, and I think that it's about time people realized that.

Ottawa had a longstanding reputation as being the "cancellation capital" and girls didn't like to visit because of it. The Ottawa market is now seen as "hot" because of the activity on CERB and the quality of the regular posters. This can be misleading because there are only so many appointments to be had with the local hobbiests and the behind the scenes communication shows that guests are making appointments ahead of time with an SP only to change and book with another SP just prior to the intended arrival of the first SP.

I realize that everyone has the choice of who to spend their hard earned dollars with, but please show some integrity and when you book with someone try to follow thru, don't cancel on a whim. It gives Ottawa a bad reputation that it doesn't deserve. The time will come when quality SPs will again avoid Ottawa, and that would be a shame because it is a great city full of great people....

Catherine

• Like 4

Totally agree with your statement Cat, hence my reasoning for starting this thread..

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4737

I had canceled an appointment with a local SP for other personal reasons, but never for a another lady that might suit my other choice of wants and needs.

I personally never had canceled with a touring lady, but I have also been emailed that the touring lady had to cancel her Ottawa trip for the exact reasons you are stating above.

Totally agree that the touring ladies do put out a lot personal time,effort,cash...and it still pisses me off when I read this again.

I can only do my part and continue to see these lovely ladies, when the opportunity exists.

I do realize that it happens on both sides, but those of us who take this business seriously don't cancel unless the sky is falling in. SP's who are part time or not professional cancel because they fail to realize the fallout from such behavior. I have cancelled appointments but it is a rare occurence, and I always ensure I make it up to my guest at a later date. Quality SP's conduct themselves accordingly. The women who have made this their path and give it their all deserve to be treated with respect. I know those that post on CERB regularly are not the culprits, but most of the members are lurkers and even more just cruise so this will get out there. If you do not cancel, please do not take offense. But for those of you who do....

POP YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!

Catherine

I have never cancelled on an SP (knock on wood) as I try to ensure I book a timing when there is almost no chances of me cancelling. I fully understand the cost involved, after all it is a businness. However I have heard from out of town clients who rent hotel rooms, drive all the way to Ottawa to end up with a cancellation from the SP once they are at their hotel or even better have a no show. Now they loose money too, get frustrated and they end up booking a plan B for the next trip. I can't blame them, but that means if plan A shows up, plan B gets cancelled.

In the last month I have had 3 no shows. Yes that is right no shows not cancellation. No warnings and in a case it took over a week before I was sent any message about the no show. In my case I am local so apart from my gas all I lost was some of my time. Still I was very dissapointed because when I choose to see soemone I don't want to have a plan B and call an agency (I prefer indys) Also I care about the ladies I see so I ended up woring each time that the lady might have been in some accident. It is not a pleasant feeling to be at home and worry about someone but that is the way I am.

So I would like to say that this is a 2 way street here. We have a responsibility as clients to make appointments that we can keep but on the other hand SPs should try to avoid "no shows" If I had 3 myself how many has there been total in the last few months. Unfortunately not every client will handle this the way I do and this in turn can start a domino effect.

Note that in 2 of the 3 cases, the ladies did provide me with explanations afterwards and actually gave me more details than I really needed. All I really cared was to know that they were fine. The 3rd lady did let me know she was fine over a week later. Also I have had cancellations and that was fine as I was given plenty of warning when it happened so there was no cost to me, and I was given a new appointment the next day or so.

We all need to respect and understand each other.

By the way I don't hold grudges as I have already seen one of the ladies in question, have an appointment to see a second one and I am planning on seeing the third lady in the near future.

Thanks Catherine from myself and alll other professional ladies who travel. WE spend alot of time arranging and rearranging things so we do not dissapoint the gentlemen we are going to visit. I have had some cancellations this up coming trip but i'm still coming because i have made a commintment. I do not cancel with anyone unless there is an emergency...especially if i'm traveling. Thanks again Caterine.

kisses,

Emma A

Woo Hoo! Hooray for me! Although I am sorry that this thing has come up again. This has been the bane of fans of touring ladies for years. It was one of the reasons I had to wait so damn long to meet the lovely Emma :(

I say Woo Hoo, because Emma you were so worth the wait to see. Please. A request. Bring some sunny weather in your bag of fun ;)

There are many who are waiting to see you, hope they are enough to make it worth repeat visits!

Lurk

For spelling out the great lengths that go into the making of these memorable sessions that we so cherish. I for one have NEVER had to cancel, and truly appreciate the efforts of both local ladies and those on tour.

Cheers,

Seymour.

I agree with allot of comments here...but Lurker has known me for a long while and we have been done this road on other boards......yes Ottawa does have a bad rep......and I think CERB is doing a great job trying to help change that by showing a different side of the hobbyist to the world.

It most likely will be our biggest hurdle to get over here........but all we can do is try.....

I agree with allot of comments here...but Lurker has known me for a long while and we have been done this road on other boards......yes Ottawa does have a bad rep......and I think CERB is doing a great job trying to help change that by showing a different side of the hobbyist to the world.

It most likely will be our biggest hurdle to get over here........but all we can do is try.....

There ya go usin' my name in vain again!

Long time Oh Horned one lol. But you speak the truth in this. Sad to see the Muggles acting like they do again. Glad to hear that Emma is braver than they are. Cat and Nicole too, as well as the other ladies, luckly for Cerb too many to mention.

I am sure the ladies are tired of talking about these guys more than we are of being dissapointed due to cancelled tours.

Guest f***2f***

I agree with everything that's been said and am living proof that an appointment cancelled by Cat was made up for...2 months later!!:boobies:

I had wanted to see Emma when she was here both times, having seen her in halifax, but my schedule was a moving target and it's just not happening this time either.:sad:

I did not book for that reason, nor do i book with anyone else until I am 99.9% certain I can honour my committment....it's about integrity gents!!! Grab some!!;-)

One reason I prefer last-minute appointments is to avoid me having to cancel as my schedule tends to be pretty fluid. Unfortunately this leaves me out of luck to see some of the more popular women as they book up days or a week in advance.

I agree with everything that's been said and am living proof that an appointment cancelled by Cat was made up for...2 months later!!:boobies:

I had wanted to see Emma when she was here both times, having seen her in halifax, but my schedule was a moving target and it's just not happening this time either.:sad:

I did not book for that reason, nor do i book with anyone else until I am 99.9% certain I can honour my committment....it's about integrity gents!!! Grab some!!;-)

Same here. I don't book appointments until I am 99.9 % sure I can make it even if I book well in advance. Of course someday that .1 % will probably sneak up on me but so far I never had to cancel (Knock on wood).

LS, Boner,

I'm in that category too, it can be a bit frustrating at times with schedules that fluctuate more then the Dow these days, but if I can't make it for sure (99.9% is always the max, one NEVER knows) I would rather pass and try my luck again.

Probably why I don't like suggesting out of town SPs visit, since it may be difficult to plan ahead, as they must. This is not to say I don't appreciate the visit, I do, but hopefully if they descide to come on their own, work is not the only reason, just a bonus.

AK

I'm with some of the others, I will only book if I'm 99% sure I can be there. I've only had to cancel once, and even then I made sure the lovely lady received full payment because I didn't give her any notice at all. It's just the right thing to do when you care about a girl you're going to see.

Actually, it's the right thing to do when you care about YOURSELF, because who wants to be blacklisted?

• Like 1

For the most part, I keep my appointments if I make them. However there has been exceptions.

I canceled one appointment with a particular lady due to a family emergency and I had to leave the city. I gave immediate notice when I learned that I could not make same.

The other experience that comes to mind was a bait and switch and after meeting the lady, their appearance was definitely not as described so I just walked away.

On the other side of the fence, I have had SP's "no show" without notice and travel costs were incurred. I generally execute Plan B or C so its not really a big issue for me.

Additionally, there was a time where I was directed to travel to a specific end of town for an apt and requested to wait a half hair which I did. After the 30 minutes elapsed, I bailed. Strangely, they called me back about 1.5 hrs later. Needless to say, I was no longer interested.

I realize that cancellations and no-shows happen on both sides. This thread was intended to bring to light the challenges a travelling SP faces. I realize life happens, and I have never implemented a cancellation fee in Ottawa because when my guests have to cancel it is almost always a reschedule and it rarely happens. But I have the luxury of it being my home town, I have a location and my overhead is controlled.

The summer of '05 I toured. I spent 3 months on the road in Ontario, planned the trip to the finest detail and came home with a grand total of $1200 net profit for three months work. Most of that came from quick trips back to Ottawa. I would have 25 appointments for a week in a city and 5 would show. Those that did show often wanted to negotiate my rate that had already been lowered to $250 for 2 hours and I had several that walked without paying. So I made $10 per day for the summer. I didn't add in the expense of advertising which required print ads and that was an added expense that actually put trip into the negative. Very disheartening, and I decided not to take the travel route again. I will never "tour". I came home exhausted, demoralized and it was the reason I pulled my ads across the board. I did not have the sparkle or the strength to meet anyone new. I simply maintained the guests I had in Ottawa and did not entertain any new clients.

The issue at hand is the expense incurred. Growing up I had it drilled into my head that if something doesn't start well, it probably won't end well. When I see someone like Emma, who seems to share my committment to this as a profession and is so well liked by those that see her, my frustration with the situation comes to the surface. I would like to see the SP's that take this seriously be taken seriously. This thread wasn't directed at the gentlemen whose conduct is governed with integrity, it was for those that fail to realize their behavior has long term consequences on an SP's decision making process. For all those who weighed in...thank you!

Catherine

• Like 2

I will be much more couth this time.

Guys please support the women you like to see...

Only book when you have a high degree of actually visiting. Touring ladies have lots of overhead, but think about the overhead of the women that offer incalls in town too.

Cat's tail ;) can and has been told to me by many ladies over the years.

To the two guys that I have heard of that drop off the funds even when they can't make it, well good example of how it can be handled.

there's a third to add to the list....another gent offered to still pay me even though he couldn't make it. another gent is getting me something for my play place...{he better,lol}

kisses,

Emma A

Me too i have cancellation today is very funny because i'll never had cancellation i'll know the business and most of the time is the girl jealousy lol she dont want to see us here is her territory is to bad but i will come back loll

Thanks for the quality time i'll had pleasure to meet a perfect gentlemen here and i hope to know more very soon

Ottawa wait for me !!!:wink:

Kiss and Hugs EvaCharms xx

I commented once before, but I feel I need to again. Based on the original post from Cat, I will add this....

One particular girl, whose name I don't recall right now :-) talked about visiting Ottawa many times, and I talked about seeing her many times via PM. Well she finally did come.....and it went kinda like this:

"Hey guys, I'm finally coming to Ottawa, I'll be there tomorrow and the next day...book soon!"

Well holy shit Batman, how am I supposed to honour my commitment to see her with hardly any notice at all? She's finally coming but just for 2 days, with no notice, and I'm supposed to feel guilty for ignoring her?

I commented once before, but I feel I need to again. Based on the original post from Cat, I will add this....

One particular girl, whose name I don't recall right now :-) talked about visiting Ottawa many times, and I talked about seeing her many times via PM. Well she finally did come.....and it went kinda like this:

"Hey guys, I'm finally coming to Ottawa, I'll be there tomorrow and the next day...book soon!"

Well holy shit Batman, how am I supposed to honour my commitment to see her with hardly any notice at all? She's finally coming but just for 2 days, with no notice, and I'm supposed to feel guilty for ignoring her? Fuck that.

Capitalman, I can understand this being a frustrating set of circumstances for you. This isn't the point of my original post tho. Chatting with someone about a visit is one thing, as there has not been a date and time committed to. I was talking about having firm appointments, booked well in advance that cancel within a day or two of the actual appointment date.

cat

Yes Cat, I understand....sorry if my little story wasn't quite on the same topic...pretty close I thought.

As others have said, under circumstances like you describe I'd consider myself on the hook for donation even if I cancel.

I won't make excuses for others...but I have had to cancel appts in the past. I travel for business and sometimes flights, meetings etc have to change. I have never no showed anyone nor ever will except for safety as mentioned in another post by Pete. But I do give the SP as much notice as possible that I am not able to meet with them.