Hi everyone, having a big problem!!

Well first off I have two hotmail accounts. One for work and a personal.

A couple of weeks ago my personal accout said to prove im a person and not a spamming gaget. But that happened when I tried to reply to an email that was in my contacts. they say to type in what you see, well there was nothing but the circle, I tried the audio way and nothing.

Now today, I cant get into my work account without doing the same bs. And again the same bs.

What does this mean, should I close these accounts and just use yahoo, or is there a way to change this!

im concerened as I have advertising out there in these accounts.à

Any help would be great everyone!!!

Thanks ahead of time,

DESPERATE' SHELLY LANE

X0X0

Oh the joys of Hotmail

Here are some options for you to try Shelly

Copied/pasted from the internet

Good luck

RG

Try the Hotmail Password Reset page. If that fails try the Windows Live ID Validation page.

Has your Hotmail account been hacked and/or compromised? Report a security vulnerability to Microsoft

If none of the above links are a possibility for you go to the Windows Live Account Validation page.

The links available at the security vulnerability page are the best chance to regain control of your account.

You can also e-mail and if someone else has control of your account.

Additional online troubleshooting steps are on the Microsoft account compromise page: http://windowslivehelp.com/solution....f-145b951dcb41

The Hotmail customer service phone number is 1.800.386.5550.

When you contact Microsoft directly also include as many subject lines from your email account as possible.

Please keep in mind that there is no guarantee that Microsoft will be able to help you.

After getting your account back immediately change your password, security question & answer, and your alternate email address.

To change your security question and answer go to Options -> More Options -> View and edit your personal information

Please do not forget that it is best not to keep important information in any free e-mail account since there is no guaranteed support for free accounts.

Not be any help to you, but I was deadly tired of all the BS with hotmail and had switched to gmail about 1 year ago, and never have had issues with gmail. I see a lot more people using gmail, sorry could not help anymore then throwing out my 2 cents about email accounts.

Not be any help to you, but I was deadly tired of all the BS with hotmail and had switched to gmail about 1 year ago, and never have had issues with gmail. I see a lot more people using gmail, sorry could not help anymore then throwing out my 2 cents about email accounts.

Agree with the BS over Hotmail. A while back I forgot my password, hit the password reset, it sends the new password to my Hotmail account...the account I can't get into becasue I don't know the password

Just banged my head against the wall that night...don't know if they have changed things

RG

Same thing happened to me recently, on the account I used for hobbying. Apparently I needed to enter a code that they'd send to my cellphone... but they don't support my cellphone provider.

So I just abandoned it, shut it down, and created another.

Thank you so much for your quick response. Well i followed all the steps and now its a waiting game for up to 24hrs!!!

I think i will just use my Yahoo account!! Its very frustrating!!!

Thanks again hun,X0X0

Additional Comments:

Hi HUn,

just made a dent in the wall with my head!!!

Did the steps,now wait 24hrs to see if what happens, OMG!!!!

Going to use my Yahoo account ASAP.

Thanks sweetie,X0X0

Additional Comments:

A big thanks to all of you who came to my resue!!! I will be just closing these accounts as I think that might be the way to go.

I have had one of these acc for yrs! OMG, never had this problem before!!

Going to use my Yahoo account, see what happens there,..LOL..

Thanks again everyone and cheers!!

XOXO

You should be able to reset it with a code sent to your cell phone.

They've recently expanded the cell providers they support.

Unless I'm mistaken, you should be able to log in to get your mail, you'll just be restricted from sending mail untill it's unlocked.

I think hotmail had issues with this the last few days (Your not the first person I have heard this from) People get into panic mode thinking that their email was hacked (It could have been but chances are its a problem on the hotmail side)