Need an ignore thread tool

There's a subscribed thread feature on this forum. I wonder if a feature can't be added to ignore threads completely too?

Not sure what you are getting at but if you wish to ignore a thread, don't read it, failing that if there's a particular member who's posts you'd prefer not read, you can add them to the ignore list in the user cp

Maybe what he is getting at is when you go to "new posts" you see all the new posts. It would be nice to filter out the post that are geographical. I live in ottawa, so I do not want to see the ads for services in places outside Ottawa/Gatineau.

Guest W***ledi*Time
There's a subscribed thread feature on this forum. I wonder if a feature can't be added to ignore threads completely too?

Don't know for sure what the question is - if perhaps the question is how to unsubscribe, the steps are:

Go to: User CP

Then go to: Settings and Options -- Edit Options

Next go to: Messaging and Notification -- Default Thread Subsciption Mode

Then:

Choose "Do not subscribe" to stop subscribing to new threads completely;

Click on "subscribed threads" link to see all your currently subscribed threads, then check the individual thread you want to unsubscribe from, and choose "Delete subscription" from the drop-down list at the bottom.

Jazzitup is closest here, it's simply to ignore threads that have new messages in them, but that you have no interest in reading or participating in. It's not about how to unsubscribe from a thread, that's easy.

When viewing a forum folder, you will see that there are either new messages there or none. The forum shows up as lightened or darkened, for example. Based on that, you go in and check out the forum. Now I figure there are three broad categories of threads people might have: (1) ones that they are participating in and therefore subscribed to, (2) ones that they find interesting but aren't participating in, and (3) ones that are annoying and that they have no interest in reading if ever new posts come into them. It's for the #3 type that I'm talking about. If there was a feature like this, those threads would automatically be marked as read, and therefore the new message count wouldn't go up for the people ignoring those threads.

Of course you will read all your subscribed stuff first, since they notify you about those, but once that's done you may go back and read additional new messages within a forum. I don't think it's a good idea to subscribe to all threads just because it holds mild a passing interest, such as case #2. Just subscribe to the ones that truly interest you, such as case #1.

For example, if you're interested in massage, but not interested in asian massage (I'm not saying this is the case with me), then there might be several different asian massage threads active on the forum that you won't be reading. It would be best to just mark those threads ignored at the beginning, then you won't have to see them again the next time. I think it's sufficient just to mark them read, rather than to hide them altogether.