Video - Debate on CBC's "Power & Politics" re: sex trade laws

Megan, I have a girl crush on Nikki too. She's absolutely fantastic. I met her during one of the CERB socials and was seriously impressed.

Thanks for posting this link... REAL Women SUCK (that's my educated opinion) and Nikki kicks ass.

Thanks for the link WIT.

Nikki did a great job, and it was great to see her speaking in that way on a national news show.

Yes thanks for the link. Again ran out of rep points for you WIT.

Yes Niki was great. We need more women like her when it comes to voting on Swedish model in the parliament to clarify issues so that MPs don't vote blindedly.

My view is that there are many cases of prostitution which are exploitation and/or violence against women. There are sex acts committed against some sex workers which in my view are inhuman not to mention pimping, beatings and forced prostitution. BUT NOT ALL. So it is wrong to have laws that bans ALL forms of prostitution even consenting ones and ones without any violence.

But unconditional legalization of prostitution in my view also increases exploitation/violence as well as trafficking from third world countries as has been the case in those countries which legalized the trade. Making it illegal will also push the trade underground and therefore more dangerous for sex workers not to mention it is wrong to ban those cases of non-violent consenting sex. Therefore in my view both complete legalization and illegalization of sex trade are wrong and counter-productive and in my view keeping the status quo in which prostitution is legal but under certain conditions is the best option with some modifications to make it legal for sex workers to hire bodyguards and able to support relatives and share a work place with co-workers and some additional enforcable harsh laws against certain sex acts, pimping, forced prostitution and human sex trafficking.