Audio/Video editing

I was wondering if anyone could give me some help here.

In order to make a more visual representation of an event in an online game I play, what I would like to create is the Secretariat win in the Belmont Stakes (there are plenty of videos of it on youtube, for example), but in every spot that the announcer says Secretariat, I want the audio to say "Sword". I know that since the replaced word isnt as long as the first one, it will sound choppy and obviously edited, but thats okay, its just for effect.

Anyone able to help me out?

A couple of things:

1 - is the video considered public domain, as in, is it ok for you to use the footage without permission?

2 - Instead of changing just one part of the audio have you considered recreating all of the audio ? Should be easy to get some crowd noise and a script of what to say. Then all you have to do is replace the audio track with your own

3 - Do you have software capable of helping you ? There's not a whole lot of free video/audio software out there that will let you accomplish what you're setting out to do unfortunately

what you are trying to do is called audio ducking. If you have access to a Mac with iMovie (comes free with all Macs) it's easy to do, just google "iMovie audio ducking" and you'll find lots of tutorials. I don't know if windows movie maker does audio ducking or not but if you ask the google I'm sure you can find some windows software that does.