any board for strip clubs?

Guest **m***e_***al***

Hey,

I noticed there is no board for strip clubs in edmonton...any reason for that?

Meanwhile, can anyone tell me what are some of the best strip clubs in edmonton, preferably, the west end or close to the university? and how is diva's exotic lounge?

thanks

St. Pete's is really the only west end strip club. Maybe Yellowhead Inn as well. I think Diva's has closed. Diamonds and Showgils are still probably the best in Edmonton. Occationally Eden has a fair line-up of girls and freelancers.

Guest W***ledi*Time
... can anyone tell me what are some of the best strip clubs in edmonton, preferably ... close to the university? ...

CBC News reports, 15 Aug 2011:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/08/15/edmonton-strip-club-old-strathcona.html

A strip club has been given approval to open in the Old Strathcona area.

On Aug. 2, the city of Edmonton granted a business license allowing the owners of X Bar to open in the former Rehab Nightclub, east of Calgary Trail and 81st Avenue.

Although Old Strathcona is home to many bars and restaurants, people who work nearby expressed ambivalence about the prospect of a strip club opening nearby.

"It may not effect us at all because we are closed by six, but generally speaking, the type of people that might bring into the neighbourhood might not be people that we want around," said Valerie Landals, manager of The Adventure Travel Company.

Landals' apprehension was shared by Lori Cuthill, who works at the Edmonton and Area Child and Family Services office a few doors down.

"I just think it would be inappropriate like to have that type of environment so close to the environment where we have kids and families coming in here ... for community resources," Cuthill said.

But Jake Raynard, the owner of the Cha Island Tea Company next door, isn't worried about his potential new neighbour and welcomes the extra foot traffic in the area.

"When I think strip club, I'm thinking less party and less trouble than a lot of bars probably would be," he said. "For what I've seen in most large cities that I've lived in, there no more trouble than a busy billiards club."

The Public Safety Compliance Team has spoken to the owners and have no concerns.

"I think that there might be some public perception issues with the fact that there is violence and higher rates of crime and disorder in and around exotic entertainment venues," said Troy Courtoreille.

"In some cases ...comparable analysis, is pretty much equal to a lot of the other establishments in the city of Edmonton."

Police and city officials say they have had no problems with the club's current location on Yellowhead Trail.

CBC News made repeated unsuccessful attempts to contact the owners about when X Bar may open.

Guest W***ledi*Time

CBC reverses yesterday's report:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2011/08/16/edmonton-no-strip-club-old-strathcona.html

Plans to open a strip club in Edmonton's Old Strathcona area have been scrapped.

On Aug. 2, the city of Edmonton granted a business license allowing the owners of X Bar to open a strip club in the space formerly occupied by Rehab, east of Calgary Trail and 81st Avenue.

Further review of the application found the owners needed additional permits to open a strip club in that location. They decided not to apply and will open a regular nightclub instead.

Coun. Ben Henderson said he was relieved to hear the news.

"I was puzzled to begin with why anybody would want to be opening a strip club in the Whyte Avenue/Strathcona area. It doesn't feel like it fits with the demographic of the people who are there or the kind of business models that I think are in place," Henderson said.

"It would not have been good news for the area."

Although Old Strathcona is home to many bars and restaurants, people who work in the area expressed ambivalence about the prospect of a strip club opening nearby.