New Feature - Mobile browser detection and low bandwidth cerb...

I posted this in another thread so this is a copy...

I added a new mod that should detect your PDA or CELL PHONE BROWSER and give you a very basic version of cerb (No java and no flash so the chat will not work and none of the fancy stuff but the basics should work like read and post in the discussions) now my palm is dead so I have not even tested this myself with a PDA but I did a emulation and it worked pretty good. As I receive feedback I will tweak it.

Now it does not detect Iphones (it can but I set it to display the regular site as the iphone can run java apps as far as I know as it's a version of safari that runs the web browser) - let me know if any of you Iphone guys pefer a low bandwith and I can switch it if needed.

Feedback is important here so let me know if you have any issues.

I added a new mod that should detect your PDA or CELL PHONE BROWSER and give you a very basic version of cerb (No java and no flash so the chat will not work and none of the fancy stuff but the basics should work like read and post in the discussions) now my palm is dead so I have not even tested this myself with a PDA but I did a emulation and it worked pretty good. As I receive feedback I will tweak it.

Now it does not detect Iphones (it can but I set it to display the regular site as the iphone can run java apps as far as I know as it's a version of safari that runs the web browser) - let me know if any of you Iphone guys pefer a low bandwith and I can switch it if needed.

Hey Mod,

Using an iPhone to reply. First difference I noticed is that the forum colours are different. (From red to blue). Iwas able to navigate through the forum basics without any problems. Excellent feature!!

Posted via Mobile Device

As demonstrated, I was able to reply to this thread but somehow my reply got entangled in the quote. I did not see the end quote code

Nonetheless, I found it to be efficient . Maybe I would have to add my own code when quoting.

Thanks mod... I will try it from work with my HTC Touch.

e

I had the feature turned off for the iphone (lol) I will have to try my palm later today and see. Yes the mobile version is BLUE rather then RED (Just the way the template was created) and when you post with the mobile it gives the tag line (Posted via Mobile Device) so that could be causing the quote system to mess up so I will look into that.

Thanks, please keep the feedback coming and I am glad it is working.

Posted via Mobile Device

testing the site on my palm treo and it works very well.

It autodetected my phone and has a handy new posts button right on top.

Now I have excuse for not checking in when I am away... bummer!

Posted via Mobile Device

How convenient the postal people just dropped my new smart phone :)

Thanks Mod, i used the previous version with no issue on my blackberry currently using the curve. Although it was a bit of a bandwith hog. One thing I noticed though with the mobile edition there's no indication that I am logged on as me. Is there any means of showing that i'm logged in. Other wise looks great and will certainly be easier to navigate.

Not sure what you mean Cowboy? You mean in the "Who's online" section or you mean when using your phone you can't tell if your logged in or not? PM me if you wish to go into more detail.

Not sure what you mean Cowboy? You mean in the "Who's online" section or you mean when using your phone you can't tell if your logged in or not? PM me if you wish to go into more detail.

Sorry for the confusion, when I login from my laptop or desktop there is a "status" window in the upper right says my name etc...

Welcome, Cowboy kenny.

You last visited: Today at 12:33 AM

Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 643

When I log in from the curve it doesn't say that i'm logged in and it doesn't show me if I have any pm's or other notifications. No big wup, just noticin the differences.

Ahh, I see not seeing the PM's right away does kind of suck. I will see what I can do - maybe hack it in.

Hey mod,

I was able to navigate throughout the forum easier. Interesting that the showcase pictures appeared on display as they weren't visible the other day. Nice improvement!

Posted via Mobile Device

Applied the search feature of the forum. It was nice to see the random search cloud of popular recent searches. Custom search feature works great!

Posted via Mobile Device

I actually didn't change that showcase photo thing. It showed on my palm the day I installed it. but I agree the search feature works surprisingly well.. .just need to find a way to display stuff like how many PM's you have without going into the control panel.

I actually didn't change that showcase photo thing. It showed on my palm the day I installed it. but I agree the search feature works surprisingly well.. .just need to find a way to display stuff like how many PM's you have without going into the control panel.

I think I figured out why the showcase albums did not appear. When the device's battery is low, it conserves power and hence why the pics nevered appeared.

It just happened again on a different website and the only thing consistant that I can see is the battery level.

I think I figured out why the showcase albums did not appear. When the device's battery is low, it conserves power and hence why the pics nevered appeared.

It just happened again on a different website and the only thing consistant that I can see is the battery level.

I tried my iPod Touch over wifi and seems fine via Safari browser. A bit slow, but it definitely works.

Posted via Mobile Device

This is an old thread. I'm not sure it is still correct. I use an iPhone and i see the basic version I think under the User CP:

Private Messages

Social Groups

Subscribed Threads

Edit Signature

Do I miss somethings I sholud have in the Mobile Edition?

Is your version Blue or Red? If it's RED your seeing the full bandwidth version that home PC users see... if your seeing the Blue version it's the stripped down (Low Bandwidth) mobile version.

I just tried my BB Storm ... I am not in a 3G network here in the boonies so mega band width issues, i loged into the regular "red" version with pic's and flash and all ...

I rarely use the browser on the phone ... have a little netbook for that .. and that is small enough.

Loki