i think its interesting how some of us Sp's will help others when we are looking for info on such things as hotels,cities to visit, and getting or giving references. The interesting part really IS The Ones that won't supply this information.

People can ask me almost anything and i will help to the best of my knowledge and know how. I have told people where to stay,where to go,places to stay away from etc. Given

references,provided lodging for both Sp's and clients and much more.

In this business its a great asset to be able to share this info to help others to stay and play safe.

I was looking for a place to stay in Edmonton. I have never been there b4 and have no idea where the good areas are and the good hotels.

This being said i often wonder why some choose not to help out.

kisses,

Emma A

afraid of some competiton maybe. It has been many yeasr since I ahve been in Edmonton but there were many great hotels in the downtown core.

This being said i often wonder why some choose not to help out.

This society values and teaches individualism and competition so it's not surprising to me when people act selfishly instead of sharing and cooperating.

You are to be commended for your outlook and I can only hope your example will be emulated, Emma.

"Optimism of the will, pessimism of the intellect".

Guest f***2f***

hmmm can't help you sweetie it's years since i was there....i used to stay in the one right downtown .....can't remember it's name now but it belonged to the same chain as the Nova Scotian and the Chateau laurier...probably a Fairmont hotel now...not sure how expensive that would be.

hope you have fun in edmonton....ironically I'm in halifax right now!!

afraid of some competiton maybe. It has been many yeasr since I ahve been in Edmonton but there were many great hotels in the downtown core.

I think there isn't really competition in this biz. No room for jealousy.

Each and everyone of us is different. No 2 of us look alike, act alike, or are alike. We are all special in our own way. We all have our own thing going on.

To me we are like art....everyone sees something different is us. That goes for people in general. Everyone is unique and once people understand that this world would be different.

kisses,

Emma A

• Like 3

Guest f***2f***
I think there isn't really competition in this biz. No room for jealousy.

Each and everyone of us is different. No 2 of us look alike, act alike, or are alike. We are all special in our own way. We all have our own thing going on.

To me we are like art....everyone sees something different is us. That goes for people in general. Everyone is unique and once people understand that this world would be different.

kisses,

Emma A

couldn't agree more and baby when the big guy made you he broke the mold.......you rock!!!:mrgreen:

Emma,

Just a thought; maybe pm a few of the Edmonton ladies of Cerb and attempt to get a consensus of where to stay etc. I would think that most of the major brands of hotels would be okay. Additionally, I would apply Google power -- I.E. Edmonton hotels etc for independant reviews ... Hope this helps :)

Posted via Mobile Device

You're in for a treat if it's your first time in Edmonton. People are really friendly there (I find that more so than Calgary) and it's not hard at all to find your way around town.

P.S. I've PM'd you with my pick for hotel.

Hey Emma,

I have travelled in the past to Edmonton I will give you some little adivce if it helps. Edmonton is a wide open spread out city, if you reserve on the outskirts then you will be in for some long cabby trips. My suggestion would be to book in the city core as I have in the past, Westin Hotel ( connected to the Shaw Centre ) or the Marriott at River Cree Resort located near West Edmonton Mall is fairly new, another clean and locally situated hotel is Sutton Place. As far as sound proofed walls go, I don't tend to have many orgasms while I'm in Edmonton ... so sad....

Hope this helps...

rub

If you haven't already chosen yet, I'd try to get a hotel right downtown and close to the LRT (the train). I've been to Edmonton a few times (3-4) I didn't do any hobbying except for one SC. The reason I suggest right DT though is because just a north of the core is a kinda rough neighbourhood(really not too bad). Because of this it seems that the hotel lobbies (on the northside of DT) are fairly well watched. (i.e. getting asked for a room key, I even was called to confirm that friend was coming to visit me at one place) The Fairmont Macdonald was nice(but pricey).As fair as the "competition" thing goes, while I feel that each girl is unique not everyone feels the same, and Edmontoin has literally dozens of agency ads in the yellows (I haven't any idea what a full page ad in the yellow pages cost, but I know its ALOT). This may or may not be a sign of heavy competition, but I tend to think it is. Oh and as far as stuff to do, I don't know you well enough to go into specifics, but the west Ed. mall was fun and I hate malls. The mall also has a theme hotel, I stayed there once years ago, It was kinda cheesy but fun. And there are tons of bars/clubs/restaurants that cater top different tastes. If you get some free time and have never been I'd recommend checking out Jasper too. (Heck take the train to Vancouver, its AMAZING!)

Well I hope you enjoy yourself.

Narman

Edited by Narman
clarity

Hey Emma darling,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling for info. We have been chatting for years now over emails and you know I will help you out any time, anywhere if I can. Unfortunately I regret to tell you that I don?t know much about Edmonton otherwise I would help. It is a big city spread out. About 15 years ago I did stay at the west Edmonton mall in which you can pick a theme room. I didn?t get a theme room but one that was very nice and elegant with a hot tub which was surrounded with mirrors. I believe the hotel was rather new back then, I have no idea what it is like now. This might be a nice place to stay as then when you are not working you can cruise around the mall. Sorry I can?t be of more help. If you ever come to Kamloops you know you can stay at my place and I can show you the city and surrounding areas. Good luck and stay safe.

Brandi xoxo

all i can say emma is thier is a bit of jealousy thier they were scared of you going thier so thier was no way that any of them were going to help you out i bet you look better than all of them put together

thanks everyone for all your help...i did receive some nice and helpful emails from a few ladies and gents and even an agency...thanks.

I had googled hotels but that wasn't what i was looking for. I was looking for info on the hotels. Which ones were cool to work from and what areas. So much has to go into the hotel search for everyone's safety. As they say location,location location....lol and key cards,hahaha{damn things}...

kisses,

Emma A

What can I say, some women are bitches. When I first started in this business in Calgary, no one would tell me anything. The girls all acted like prissy little divas. I made quite few mistakes until this older gal took aside one day told me "how to work it". I can't remember her name for the life of me, but her she marketed herself as "Fit and Forty".

When I came to Ottawa, Christine (Joyful Spirit) was open enough to have me to her home and take pictures of me for my ad. She introduced me to some of the other Sps in Ottawa at the time like Carrie Moon and Shannon. We used to call her the "den mother" because she started Lyla's List and was perhaps one of the first SPs to use the internet for advertising. I will always have her to thank. Although not a social as she used to be (self-admitted in another thread), she always there with a wise word.

Like you, Emma, I am always willing offer input if I can. The worse thing though is when people don't listen to you and end up making mistakes that could jeopardize their safety. That's hard to watch which is why I choose my SP friends wisely. I know someone right now who is working out of a in-call location where I am scared she will be busted or hurt any day now. I have tried to reason with her, but her desire to make money overshadows her desire to be in a better location.

I guess all we can do is put it out there and not be attached to the outcome. But surely, requests like where's a good hotel to stay at is hardly going to take business away from someone. That kind of mentality irks me.

What can I say, some women are bitches. When I first started in this business in Calgary, no one would tell me anything. The girls all acted like prissy little divas. I made quite few mistakes until this older gal took aside one day told me "how to work it". I can't remember her name for the life of me, but her she marketed herself as "Fit and Forty".

When I came to Ottawa, Christine (Joyful Spirit) was open enough to have me to her home and take pictures of me for my ad. She introduced me to some of the other Sps in Ottawa at the time like Carrie Moon and Shannon. We used to call her the "den mother" because she started Lyla's List and was perhaps one of the first SPs to use the internet for advertising. I will always have her to thank. Although not a social as she used to be (self-admitted in another thread), she always there with a wise word.

Like you, Emma, I am always willing offer input if I can. The worse thing though is when people don't listen to you and end up making mistakes that could jeopardize their safety. That's hard to watch which is why I choose my SP friends wisely. I know someone right now who is working out of a in-call location where I am scared she will be busted or hurt any day now. I have tried to reason with her, but her desire to make money overshadows her desire to be in a better location.

I guess all we can do is put it out there and not be attached to the outcome. But surely, requests like where's a good hotel to stay at is hardly going to take business away from someone. That kind of mentality irks me.

It irks me too. I've always said that we ladies have to stick together and stop viewing each other as competition. As Emma stated previously, we are all unique and have different things to offer, from look to attitude to experience.

It kind of disgusts me when I come across blatant selfishness like that. It's so mean-spirited and catty.

Edmonton is where I was born! Sadly though, I haven't been back since I was in the 9th grade, so I can't help you out.

Also, I wanted to say, I completely respect the opinions of SP's who have been at it longer than I have. If I have the wisdom and clarity some of you have when I'm in the same place, I will be lucky :)