Mods / fortnight - Moved discussion to this thread

Okay, I'll just be blunt and make myself clear. I don't care for all these various voting things.

Vote on the best SP, vote on the best post, best topic, best post of the fortnight....blah blah.

It's all fluff...toys. Techno geek Plug-ins that I know the MOD enjoys setting up and playing with, but in reality I don't feel they offer much of any thing to the board. I'd rather see that energy applied to a working chat program. Or a better Social Groups area that actually allows you to have some privacy. Or maybe a way to PM multiple people at a time without having to enter their name every time?

I don't mean to rant. I love the board and I know it's hard work for MOD and steering committee, but these bells and whistles seem to fade quickly as people lose interest in them. Are they worth the effort?

We don't know what works till we try it. The Chat, the Social Group features, etc... they are also all "Techno geek plug-ins". I know not everyone will embrace all the features so my suggestion would be to use the features you like and the dead features that are not being used can be faded out to make room for others.

Personally I like the best post system, it's a way to show someone that you found his or her post to be of value. Same with the valued member award (peer recognition brings small communities like this closer together).

The chat room works but still has log-in problems for some people (Sorry but we will have to live with that for now if we want the video and audio at this time until a better solution is made available).

So.. are they worth it? I like to think so, and the people who PM me to thank me for my effort seam to think so. I am sure you are not the only one who feels this way Capitalman but I do hope that you are in the minority here.

Okay, I'll just be blunt and make myself clear. I don't care for all these various capitalman things.

posting in the best SP, post in the best post, best topic, best post of the fortnight....blah blah.

It's all fluff.... Techno geek postings that I know the group enjoys setting up and playing with, but in reality I don't feel he offers much of any thing to the board. I'd rather see that energy applied to a working chat program. Or a better Social Groups area that actually allows us to have some privacy. Or maybe a way to PM multiple people at a time without having to enter their name every time?

I don't mean to rant. I love the board and I know it's hard work for MOD and steering committee, but posts seem to fade quickly as people lose interest in them. Are they worth the effort?

Sorry dude......I was in a sarcastic mode when I did this.......all in jest...have a laugh...I hope.....

What? I'm still trying to figure out what a fortnight is......

You are not alone as I do not understand how half this stuff works either and I am trying to learn but it is very time consuming. I need a geek to come and sit at my computer and show me how to use all these functions. Currently I am just happy I was able to figure out how to make a photo album and finally figure out a few other user profile features. I just wonder how many other people don?t use the features because they don?t know either. I am glad that we have people who enjoy bringing all this technology to us though. And btw I still don?t understand what fortnight is but that is ok, I just appreciate having a board that is generally positive.

You are not alone as I do not understand how half this stuff works either and I am trying to learn but it is very time consuming. I need a geek to come and sit at my computer and show me how to use all these functions. Currently I am just happy I was able to figure out how to make a photo album and finally figure out a few other user profile features. I just wonder how many other people don?t use the features because they don?t know either. I am glad that we have people who enjoy bringing all this technology to us though. And btw I still don?t understand what fortnight is but that is ok, I just appreciate having a board that is generally positive.

I'm with Brandi on this, I don't know how most of it works. Chat boogles and putting pictures up is beyond me. Most providers are people people. We can talk to anyone about anything, but try to remember which button to push in which order is sometimes more than we care to learn. If I can't rub its back and give it a head massage to get it to do what I need done, then forget it! But I love that it's all here, and I am slowly figuring it out...

Catherine

I'm with Brandi on this, I don't know how most of it works. Chat boogles and putting pictures up is beyond me. Most providers are people people. We can talk to anyone about anything, but try to remember which button to push in which order is sometimes more than we care to learn. If I can't rub its back and give it a head massage to get it to do what I need done, then forget it! But I love that it's all here, and I am slowly figuring it out...

Catherine

I can help you with putting pics up as I have learned that. lol so far so good on that one! if you want to try it just get a hold of me and I can walk you threw the steps either in written instruction or over the phone.

Fair enough, I have to side with Mod and agree that we don't know what add ons are good unless we try them out. My ignorance, I'm sorry.

I forgot to add my a smilie to my post. :) Always add the smilie! :)

If you know me in person, you'll know I'm not a mean person or rude...just blunt. I only mean well. Of course I thank MOD for all the stuff too....and he knows it based one some private convos we've had.

I'm bothered that beautiful SPs are having trouble posting photos...that's something us guys look for immediately and always hope to have more and more of. If I can help, let me know. If you have LARGE photos you need to downsize or crop or whatever, I can do all that.

... Most providers are people people. We can talk to anyone about anything, but try to remember which button to push in which order is sometimes more than we care to learn. ...

Catherine

That's funny Cat, from all the reviews, I would have tought you were very good at pushing buttons in order ;) (j/k pow)