retriving Ipod music?

SO.....I have a Ipod that had over 9G of music...and it was apparently connect to my old laptop librairy Itunes...now I did upload some music and I just lost over 9G of music...does someone know if it is possible to have my music back or if I lost it for good?:(

I'm certainly no techy but did the same thing.

Had old computer with all my songs, etc.. This is where my IPOD was syncd with my Itunes.

Bought new laptop and IPAD. Loaded Itunes on new laptop. Attached my old IPOD thinking all the songs would get loaded to my laptop and then I could load them on my IPAD.

Nope, deleted my songs.

Good thing is my old computer still worked, had my old Itunes and all my songs. I actually had to find all the original song files (MP3s) on my old computer, store them to a memory stick, then copy them to my laptop hard drive, and then load them into my laptop Itunes library. Probably and easier way but it worked. Trick is you still need to have the original files somewhere on a computer. Hope that makes sense.

Not so technical Cub

ouch ... I believe they are gone unless you can recover them from your old laptop

to stop automatic synching ... Edit ... Preferences ... Devices ... click the box beside Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from synching automatically

and ... I back up all my music from my computer to an external hard drive (they are so inexpensive now)

Best bet would be your old laptop, if you have access to it it would be doable. Ipods might be formatted using the old DOS format, FAT or something similar, you might be able to connect it as a USB device and unformat the files.

http://forums.ilounge.com/ipod-monochrome/45619-how-recover-lost-data-files-your-ipod.html

Edited by etasman2000
Found more info on the net.