Smartphone Recommendations

I have an Iphone 4 and I like it, but Droids do have the advantage that you can actually choose between differents models and look and I prefer the interface of droids...

cost seem to be roughly the same thought

I had switched from a cheap cell phone I had for many years, (for personal use and business) just past spring to the Iphone4 16GB. Best investment ever made for a cell phone for personal use and for business. Pending on what carrier you choose (I stayed with Bell their offer was the best for the upgrade and they kept my monthly payments the same). So easy to use,applications are outstanding. I think next investment will be the Ipad2 without a doubt, both units are compatible unlike the Blackberry and Tablet by RIM for what I hear and read.

Just my two cents...

Depends what you want out of your phone. If its email, text.... I like my Blackberry Tourch. If its apps, games, The I4 would be a better choice

I went to my first smartphone almost a year ago, and went with a Blackberry. Main reasons were that they seem to have a better reputation for being tougher than iPhones, and it is Canadian.

However, after seeing two of my daughters with their iPhones, larger screen ( and that is something I can use because of eyes), a larger typing surface, my next one will probably be an iPhone.

That comment as well, there is no way in hell that my huge fingers fit on that small type surface of a Blackberry and yes the larger screen is a bonus especially when you are on this site looking at women while I should be working :)

I went to my first smartphone almost a year ago, and went with a Blackberry. Main reasons were that they seem to have a better reputation for being tougher than iPhones, and it is Canadian.

However, after seeing two of my daughters with their iPhones, larger screen ( and that is something I can use because of eyes), a larger typing surface, my next one will probably be an iPhone.

Edited by PistolPete
  • Like 1

I love my iPhone.

But, if I was buying a new phone today I'd take a good look at the The Samsung Galaxy S ll (I'd probably still end up with an iPhone but the galaxy is a really nice phone).

With the iPhone everything just works, especially if you're already a mac user.

The android phones may take a little more fussing to get things to work, but at least you're not locked into the apple way, you can run apps without apples approval.

I think the Samsung Galaxy S ll is probably the best phone available today, but they just keep leap-frogging each other, what ever you buy there will be something better on the market a couple of weeks later.

People like Blackberry for texting because of the keyboard and BBM (blackberry messenger), or because that's the phone they get for work. Sadly I think Blackberrys days are numbered, they are quickly falling behind google and apple. I would only consider a Blackberry if you really want the keyboard or access to BBM.

There are rumors that apple will release a new phone in September so it might be worth waiting a couple of months if you are considering an iPhone.

I am totally not an Apple fan, pretty cool stuff but Steve can kiss my ass, Anything comparable ?

Check out the Sony Ericsson Xp10 Xperia droid phone then. I looked at them as well, good reviews.

Guest f***2f***

Love my iPhone 4....a friend tonight accused me of being welded to it!! lol

Nokia N7 or the E7 Youtube them. I really like Nokia and the symbian system.

A friend has an iPhone and showed me how he could turn it into a level. I thought, wow, when I can turn it into a hammer I will get one.

But I just read your post and thought to myself after my mind did a Freudian slip, OK, now it turns into a Sybian. That should be a great selling point. :)

I still prefer the physical keyboards of the Blackberries. RIM is apparently releasing several new phones in the next month, so I'm anxious to see how the new offerings compare to the IPhone and various Android-based models.

Guest S*rca****sid

The only other phone I recommend other than an iPhone would be an Android phone.

RIM just can't keep up with the times.

I love my Samsung Windows 7 Phone, but I fully understand it's not for everyone. I just really love the quick/easy use of it. Everything is where I want it, but it's definitely closer to a "phone phone" than a play device like the iPhone. It's still young, though.

For the OP, I would second the Samsung Captivate. It's similar in design to mine and I love it. Android is probably the best for customizations, but it does take a bit more tinkering to get it to work just how you want it. The advantage being that you can tinker with it ;)

My next phone will probably be an Android, mostly because I like change. iPhone 3 -> Windows Phone -> Android...unless something comes out 2 years from now to change my mind...maybe HP will surprise us with their new Palm OS...

I currently have an iPhone 4 and although I've been very happy with it and the wealth of apps available, I find that iTunes limits the flexibility of the device. If I were getting a new phone right now, I'd probably go with the Galaxy Nexus S, an Android device using Ice Cream Sandwich. Go to http://www.google.ca/nexus/ for more info. I've heard there is a greater percentage of free apps on the Android store than Apples store.

Guest ***nsut***jr

iPhone 4s with Siri works for me.

The voice recognition is really good so I make more notes, reminders etc. than I used too.

If I like an app enough I will gladly pay for it.

The LCBO app is free and works great.

And if you smash it , drop it in the toilet etc. $249 gets you a new one at the Apple store.

All good for me

J

I am really liking my Samsung Galaxy II.

A very vivid screen, takes great pics and video, sound is quite decent and a huge selection of apps and easily expandable to 32 GB with a microSD card.

Texting is soooo much easier now.

It is great to be able to pop into CERB at any time of the day and browse the full site. (Thanks Mod)

Edited by whatsup
  • Like 1

Myself - coming from blackberry I am waiting for the next "Google" phone to be available on Rogers.

but if you need a phone before the end of the year - check out the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE from Robbers - $79.99 on 3 years contract @ Futureshop. And if you are new Rogers customer you can add a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G for $149.99! - pretty sweet deal :D.

Plans will set you back about $63 + Tax/Mo

:D hope that helps at all..

As my mobile signature dictates, I'm using an Android phone, having switched from Apple. I got sick and tired of being locked down by Apple's restrictive software, which made the device a lot more difficult to use than it could be. I've been absolutely thrilled with the Droid, and the screen is much bigger, the processor much faster, as many apps as I had with Apple or more, and I can actually use the device without Apple getting in my way. What used to take hours to set up with Apple took minutes with Droid, and I can now log in to my home network from anywhere on my phone and watch a TV show I downloaded and stored on my network drive, all in a matter of seconds. That was impossible with Apple.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

I use a blackberry - best for "work" email, texting and I really like BBM - but shitty for generally browsing the web

my son swears by his iPhone 4 ... my daughter recently scrapped her iPhone for an Android (can't remember which one) ... I think the variety of Android offerings means you should spend some time in a store getting familiar with each one's advantages

... forgot to mention ... while my son loves his iPhone, he still swears at its autocorrect

Guest sl*nt*ds*x

I love my BB Bold.. but if Blackberry doesn't make the bbx OS backward compatible when they finally release it I'll be going android and probably Samsung.

I have a samsung galaxy mini. I Couldn't be more happier I paid $150 for it and got it unlocked.

Has the same bells and whistles as a standard Galaxy. I'm with chat*r so I pay about $45 a month for unlimited calls and almost unlimited data.

If I wasn't in roaming range I whould have signed up with wind and whould have had unlimited text and data for about $40 a month.

I whould stay away from apple, its too restrictive and controlling I whouldn't be able to get the great rate that I have if I got an iPhone. Plus I whould have been traped to a plan.

I'm not intrested in showing off, I just want to get the right right deal so the iPhone isn't for me.

Rummur has it the iPhone 5 is delayed so they can resign the same people that orginally signed up with the iPhone4 once there contract ends.