Bently Bust

The owner of a west-end rub club may have her license taken away.

The city's License Committee, a semi-judicial body, will review a recommendation from Ottawa's Chief license Inspector to suspend a body rub parlour license issued to Angela Davis who according to a city report operates Angels Touch Massage Clinic located at 2000-14 Bentley Ave.

The report says that Davis has been charged under the Criminal Code of Canada for allegedly "keeping a common bawdy house" at the Bentley Ave. location. The chief inspector considers the "continuation of the license may be adverse to the public interest."

Davis has been notified by the city of the hearing scheduled to be held at City Hall next Monday at 9:30 a.m.

The article is pretty unhelpful with the details...anyone know what happened to lead to the "common bawdy house" charge? I've been to AT a few times, and never been offered anything above and beyond... :-)

or.. it is just an over-zealous politician trying to clean up his area. The city politicians are real idiots when it comes to Massage places and other adult entertainment establishments. If their personal lives allowed them to take the moral high road, I could perhaps understand it, but most of them are as sleazy as it gets. They are just trying to buy votes.

might just be bad karma from being on the no review list here 8)

r100rs

When they first opened, there was a cozy atmosphere about them, like a small-town store. The owner was there, running things daily. But then she became a bit hands-off at some point. I didn't bother with them after that.

Yep, still open, or so the sign in the window says.

Scary? Hmm, we all have to determine our own comfort level for risk.

Might it be better to minimize the risk by going someplace else? My answer would be yes. But YMMV.

My advice is to stay away as long as the legal status of this place is up in the air. That point notwithstanding, it's also worth considering the reviews that that place has generated over the past few years.

Well since they are on the DNR list, I really can not review but having been there three times, I only have good things to say. I am surprised they had a problem. I hope it works out for them.

Hi all,

I am new to CERB. Why is this thread allowed, since this place has a no review request with the board? Is it because an LE investigation makes it risky to visit the establishment, which is kind of beyond the issues one normally mentions in a review, and info is therefore in the membership's wider interest?

E

Hi all,

I am new to CERB. Why is this thread allowed, since this place has a no review request with the board? Is it because an LE investigation makes it risky to visit the establishment, which is kind of beyond the issues one normally mentions in a review, and info is therefore in the membership's wider interest?

E

I do not see any "Review" here about them. This is a news issue and that is very different then a "Review" of what this place offers.

I do not see any "Review" here about them. This is a news issue and that is very different then a "Review" of what this place offers.

Thanks Mod for helping me catch onto the purpose and style of CERB posts!