Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone knows the rules for webcam service. Is it legal to offer "cam shows" (Stripping, fingering, etc) for money in Canada?

From what I know there are no specific regulations prohibiting the use of webcams for explicit purposes. Canada has its own adult film industry and I do know that several Canadian women host their own cam services... you could simply google your terms of reference and find several providers from coast to coast!

From what I know there are no specific regulations prohibiting the use of webcams for explicit purposes. Canada has its own adult film industry and I do know that several Canadian women host their own cam services... you could simply google your terms of reference and find several providers from coast to coast!

Ok that makes sense. Im just concerned because I think a SP from my area has gotten caught / trouble with police. I dont want to have them knocking on my door. I only paid her web cam service, never meeting her in person. She believed she was contacted by police posing as a client. I haven't heard from her since then. Was just worried.

I have been webcamming for over 8 years, adult website services laws basically go under the obsenity laws not with the prostitution laws.

plus it gets more complicated when the websites are from overseas places like panama its a constant thing that is talked about in webcam modeling circles.

Ok that makes sense. Im just concerned because I think a SP from my area has gotten caught / trouble with police. I dont want to have them knocking on my door. I only paid her web cam service, never meeting her in person. She believed she was contacted by police posing as a client. I haven't heard from her since then. Was just worried.

Did you communicate for the purposes of prostitution in a public place? If not, you have nothing to worry about. In order to be charged with bawdy house, they need to find you there. In other words, if you went and left without being busted, you are fine.