Well, I am officially

sick of pc's. Gonna throw this latest piece of crap out of the window any moment now.

Gimme some recon on the best Mac portable options...I like to go into chat, view tv shows online, edit my pics and of course participate on cerb.

• Like 1

Got a 15 inches Macbook pro that i bought 5 years ago or so and still running strong. With the new specs, it makes for an interesting buy.

The Mac Air is super light and comes with iphoto (a pic editor) and is half the price of the macbook pro. Keep in mind it has no dvd drive, so you'd have to use the app store to get new software. Connectivity and support for online tv shows does not seem to be a problem on a technical point of view, from what i read. It may be a good option to look at. The apple store has a few on display if you want to try one before buying....

The 17" is great for editing /photo work but becomes a real pain to drag around as it is heavy.

You can buy a MAC and expect good service from it for much longer than the PC laptops. I would however opt for extra RAM at purchase with any of the range as the software updates over time may benefit from this.

As mentioned the Air is really good if you travel (light weight), but otherwise I might go for a larger screen. The Air has no DVD drive so if that is an issues you may want to look at the Pro range.

CB

I work in the IT industry, I have lots of computers and I've been using macs for a long time now. I have several mac book pros both 15" and 13", a 27" iMac, iPad, and an 11" mac book air.

I would go for the 11" mac book air hands down no question. I can't say enough about how much I like mine. I hardly ever use my mac book pro or my iPad any more. The air is almost as light as my iPad, and because of the SSD it's faster than my MBP at most things and it rarely gets hot like my mac book pro, does.

There is no cd/dvd player, but when was the last time you used one. You can buy an external cd/dvd, but if you really use it a lot maybe the MBP is a better choice.

There is limited disk space, 64GB, or 128GB. I don't find that to be a problem, but I have a desktop at home that has my iTunes library on it. I listen to Rdio more than iTunes now anyway. I watch shows on netflix, or if I download them I delete them after I watch them. If you want to keep everything you download then you'll need an external drive.

Good luck with your new computer, if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

I have a macbook pro 13 and its absolutely amazing I have never had a problem with it and I use it for everything.

Honestly the best computer I have ever purchased and so much fun to use even after 1 year the novelty has not worn off not to mention that its a sexy looking device ;)

My next purchase will be the 13 inch air. I have an iPad as well but I think the air will replace it quickly....

My next purchase will be the 13 inch air. I have an iPad as well but I think the air will replace it quickly....

I'm considering purchasing a 13" Macbook Air but for the portability of when i travel and when i'm lounging around at home. I also have a PC desktop that meets my needs if the Air doesn't...such as a need for a dvd, more storage space and computing power.

I think if you're looking for a new main computer then probably buy the Macbook Pro (13" or 15"), as this will probably meet your needs and still have that portability factor. I don't own one myself but have done enough research on them to know. If you rely solely on the Air it won't be enough, especially the storage space alone and if you like to edit a lot that as well.

So i would say get the 13" Macbook Pro as your next computer instead of the Macbook Air, if using as a main computer.

Be sure to check out the Air...I love mine. Battery lasts forever sine it is a solid state HD and no spinner disk! I can have it on all day without recharging...and it weighs nothing.

sorry to hear about your pc :( ive been there before.

also, thanks for the welcome wagon to cerb. i may call you in the near future for a session on a monday if your available