I Reported a Former Client to the Police

Holy craaap! I am anxious to hear what happened, but since you are posting here, I am assuming that you are okay and safe now. I am hoping you weren't hurt!

Thank you so much for posting this for all of us... Sometimes we feel anxious to speak up or follow our instincts, blowing it off as being "paranoid" or "overreacting". Thanks for the reminder that predators can come from ANYWHERE, wearing ANY face and we need to follow our gut and know when to ask for help.

Samantha

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Stalkers are a scary bunch, it's a unbalanced person focused on you

Thank you for sharing. Waiting to read the rest of your post

Take care

RG

I'm so sorry this happened to you Samantha.....every time I hear stories like this I gain more respect for you ladies and your courage. You made the right move going to the law....safety first.

Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, I don't know if stalking of this nature is more scary or annoying, But I am so glad that the local LE have someone on staff who understands the sex industry and assigned to work with you. And SO glad you took advantage of it.

I sure hope this guy is out of your hair now and permanently.

Sincerest condolences on this. No one should be subject to this. I hope the individual was handled appropriately and got to spend some time in a cage to reflect on his selfish stupidity.

There must be some odd "dependent" trait in this guy's make-up. Despite his biological age, he cannot have developed much beyond the teen stage mentally.

Your buddy was right: trust your gut. I have acquaintances alive today simply because they did just that.

I too would be fascinated to hear part II

Well done

CB

..heading westward once more!

Guest M***re***e

Thank you for sharing this. I've been dealing with a texting/calling stalker for the past year. I too, have been fearful of going to the police about this guy, for the same reasons already stated.

I also have questioned myself as to whether this qualifies as stalking and what (if any) danger I am in. This guy doesn't know where I live and doesn't know my real name (I think).

Despite repeated requests from me to stop contacting me and threats to charge him with harassment, the graphic texts and daily phone calls continue.

Has anyone on this board dealt with a similar police rep in Toronto?

Guest W***ledi*Time

Yes, it's useful to remember that the police are not monolithic. Different police units have different goals, mandates, and operating procedures. In Halifax, for example, there was the Task Force on Prostitution created in 1992 following much publicity about a pimping ring. These police officers generally treat sex workers with humanity and compassion, and with their safety in mind. There is also of course the Vice unit, who operate on entirely different principles, and are driven by the criminality of sex work behaviours and by the idea of protecting society from sex workers. One police department; two units with essentially conflicting goals, pulling in opposite directions. Dealing with the one can be a great experience for a sex worker - dealing with the other is not recommended. At least so I'm told. My impression from reading the news is that similar situations exist in many cities.

Wow. I'm afraid I'm more into the Charles Bronson approach myself, but good for you. Nobody should have to put up with shit like that. You're a brave soul and a power of example to everyone.

Samantha

Glad you are ok, and sorry you went through this. And it's good to know, at least in some jurisdictions, the police will put forth the effort they should to protect it's citizens. It may have been a long time coming, but at least the police department's attitude is changing

Once again, glad your ok

RG

Guest tr*****e

I too am glad to hear that the local police have decided to handle this issue delicately. I hope this doesn't become a problem for you again. May all your days be filled with joy, Samantha!

Guest p**h*x

Yes, thank you for sharing. It's interesting to hear what is involved and nice to see the police took it all so seriously and that there are procedures in place for dealing with this kind of situation.

Most importantly, good for you in doing the right thing and deciding to reach out for help.

Guest Hoot *****

I am glad to see the authorities in Vancouver were able to address this most serious issue for you as a person's form of employment should have no bearing on how their legitimate complaints are actioned. I only hope this trend continues and that it becomes standard procedure everywhere. It appears in this instance it may be over, however being ever viglent of him and others like him should remain a priority with you and all other workers. All the best.

SPOC's resources and contact particulars re: Special Victims, Toronto Sex Crimes Unit may be of interest:

http://spoc.ca/resources.html

Also: http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/sexcrimes/svs.php

I have dealt with detective Wendy Leaver (listed on this site) before when I was working in Toronto and being harassed/threatened by my former agent. She was very helpful in putting the situation to a dead halt. Like the Vancouver detective, she also did not care that i was a sex-worker...a crime is a crime. I urge you to look her up (to the SP that asked about TO) if you are being harassed by a client, she may be able to help.

Additional Comments:

wait sorry! I spoke too soon.....unfortunately Wendy leaver has retired :-( (there is a news bulletin that i just read on the link posted) sorry! I'm sure her replacement is just as good as she is tho.

Holy heavens. That is crazy. I'm glad that you decided to call though instead of just dismissing him because he was "an old man". (Even though he clearly acted like a child...)

You were very lucky to have someone in your police force who is understanding of sex workers, too. I'm glad you didn't have to deal with someone talking down to you or side eyeing you the whole time.

Was your boyfriend's car okay? I know eggs left to heat up on a car can cause damage to the paint. :/

Thanks Kasey. (Welcome to Cerb, by the way!)

My boyfriend's car is just fine. I took some photographs, showing the egg splattering, and then washed it. Egg does nasty things to paint if it bakes on!