Worst Passwords

Have Mercy! I looked through the list and thought "Are you serious?". You would think and hope that more effort and thought would be put in place on a password for sensitive and private information. Nice post RG

• Like 1

I modded and admin'd on forums in the past and when I had to help a member register or fix an account, I'd always give them 123456 as a password until they got in to change it themselves. It astounded me how many people never ever DID change it, lol.

I work as a computer tech for a living and one of my jobs is computer security and I recomend to all my friends and family that they use Lastpass to manage their passwords it is the best and most secure way to do it. Even works great on your phone. http://lastpass.com/ I sound like a shill for them but there it is.

With my passwords, I use a phrase spelled out in combination of capital and lower case letters with a number and character included

It has nothing to do with my hobby (fishing), this lifestyle, personal information (age, family/friends/pets names etc)

What mine is is for example, a name/phrase that might pop in my head (it isn't in this case) IDidn'tSeeThatComing*1 which if I needed to change quickly

could go to EyeDidNotSeeThat-Coming#2 etc etc etc

Passwords like this, and no this isn't a password I use, are what I use at my work and home computer all the time and change regularly

For what it's worth

RG

I just use roamingguy for all my passwords :p

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

*oh oops was that my outside voice*

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

For one of my passwords, once I typed in a bunch of random numbers and letters on my keyboard making sure it was less than 15 letters so that i couldn't log into my facebook and was therefore forced to study for exams...

I wrote it down on a piece of paper, handed it to my roommate and told her only to return it once exams were over.

once i got it back i was too lazy to change it so i eventually memorized it after typing it in each time. Now i have a password that's just a bunch of random letters symbols and numbers and is 15 characters long, but i'm sure i won't ever forget it because i type it in way too often!

xoxo

Sky

I have my university applications to thank for my password. The rules were, 10 digits, both upper and lower case, symbols, and numbers. So I just typed in a random string. And now some how I remember it and I base my other passwords off of it, but not exactly the same.

I like RG's system and have used it fairly often.

The pain at work is I have two systems I use each insisting on a new password every 6 months. One will let me recycle old passwords, while the other will not! Naturally they are out of sync with each other in terms of renewal dates and each only allows three attempts before getting locked out.

A friend used a password manager on his iPhone, but for some reason it quit working and now he is locked out of a lot of his apps!

It seems a bit counter-intuitive to write them all down in a book somewhere!

CB