In a recent post I mentioned using the canned reply feature to get back to the PMs I get from the less than thoughtful newbies on this site

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=292978#post292978

Someone mentioned that this would be a great thing if only they knew how to use the canned replies.

I would like to share the knowledge on how to use this very awesome yet simple little feature...

How to Can a Message!

1. Go to the User CP(Control Panel) Link in upper row at top of most (all?)pages
  2. In the left hand column you will see Your Control Panel, in that list in the "Settings & Options" section you will see "Edit your Canned Replies"
  3. Choose that, then "Add a New Canned Reply Here" title your canned reply" write a canned reply in the body and then save!

That's it folks! When you reply to or create a message choose from the canned reply scrolldown menu (of canned replies you have created previously/separately) then add in the personalization or any other details that you may need to address to fit the situation.

Hope this helps! Have fun canning! I know Old Dog and I do, lol, wait- that's a different kind of canning, lol...

Bethany

Xoxox

P.s. I have another reply I use for well written PMs received that says I would prefer to be contacted by email to keep myself better organized(true story!), and yet another for friend requests, as I only befriend people I have met personally(due to my private albums being accessible by friends... ) If anyone needs help setting this up send me a PM!

• Like 1