Inserting pictures on guest visitor page?

Can someone please direct me how to do this? I've had so many nice notes on my guest page and want to respond back with the same, but when I cut and paste the image, only a link comes up to the place I got it.

Thanks ahead if you can give me advice on "Cerb Guest Book Adding Images for Dummies".

Guest E*******h S******s

That's so funny Erin, I was going to ask the same question! Thanks WIT for the info on "Guestbook Images for Dummies"....lol.

Another way is to copy the image location, then paste it in the box that opens when you right-click the yellow envelope icon in the top margin above the text box.

insertimage.gif

OMG! This is the question I have been meaning to ask someone since I joined!!! I have been downloading the image, uploading to photobucket, then getting the #$%^*(# and then posting....seems like a lot of leg work....Thanks!

• Like 1

One thing to note on this (warning: slightly technical stuff coming).

When you do this, the CERB page (be it a profile page, or a normal thread page, or a group) includes the image by also sending a request to the image location you give it. CERB doesn't keep its own copy of the image. This means that every time anyone loads the CERB page, the other website gets a request - via CERB - for the image.

Some websites seem to be absolutely fine with this (especially if they have their own logo in the image - free advertizing!) but others aren't - in particular, they may not want other websites freeloading on the bandwidth they pay for. They may even be OK with some other sites, but not, say, boards dedicated to adult-oriented activities. So, even when you do as suggested by WIT and Cato above, you may find that the image doesn't display on the page; or perhaps that it does, but then stop doing so a day later when the website it's on works out that it's being leeched. In this case there's not a lot you can do about it - but the Internet being what it is, it's rare that it's impossible to find the same image hosted on another site.

Also, this doesn't apply to CERB albums, as AFAIK those images are uploaded to, and hosted by, CERB.

Maybe I will look stupid but.... How can you paste the url of the image if the image is IN your computer?? I really dont understand, sorry lol

1) type ">3) type "" after the url

Guest W***ledi*Time
Maybe I will look stupid but.... How can you paste the url of the image if the image is IN your computer?? I really dont understand, sorry lol

You can't insert images directly from your computer. The image has to be located on the internet. So if you want to use an image from your computer, you have to first upload it to the internet - for example, either onto a photo-sharing site, or into one of your Cerb public albums.

Guest t**d**teur

This is too high-tech for me; I'll just continue enjoying the comments, threads and easy banter happening on CERB and occasionally put my two-cents worth. And everybody, "Hobby responsibly!" this festive season.

Sent from my iPhone

It's really alot easier than it sounds, Photobucket is by far my favorite site for photo sharing at the moment. They're free, and once you've uploaded your pics they automatically provide all the links/code you could possibly need, (HTML code, direct link, email, IMG code) plus they've got free hosting for any GIF files ect (can't live without my GIFS,lol) Backing up all of your pics to a secure online storage is something I would highly recommend that everyone do anyway (loosing photos is the worst:icon_frown:) so it's a good habit to get into! Next thing you know, you'll be having fun with this stuff! (trust me,lol)

63b7d774.gif

• Like 1

I like you are not tech savvy at all so when I want to share images I use explorer and all you have to do is copy/paste :)

This is too high-tech for me; I'll just continue enjoying the comments, threads and easy banter happening on CERB and occasionally put my two-cents worth. And everybody, "Hobby responsibly!" this festive season.

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you so much Isabella. I've been on Chrome and just switched to Internet Explorer. I'll now be posting pictures everywhere and was able to thank all the one's that put nice Christmas cards on my guest page. Copy, paste, copy, paste.....for the un savvy. :)

I like you are not tech savvy at all so when I want to share images I use explorer and all you have to do is copy/paste :)