Yahoo..or Hacker

Good morning everyone,

I recieved an email,claiming to be from Yahoo saying they needed account info. They said my account would be closed if I didnt reply.

virus..dgtfx...is there such a thing and why would it be bin my spam box!

was wondering if anyone else recieved this message.

have a great day everyone!

Guest W***ledi*Time

'DGTFX Virus' Email Account Phishing Scam

Messages purporting to be from Yahoo, BT Internet and other email service providers claims that a DGTFX virus has been detected in the recipient's email folders and he or she must reply with account details or risk account deactivation.

The messages are not from genuine service providers. They are phishing scams designed to trick users into handing over their email account login details to Internet criminals...

Any email that asks you to reply with sensitive information such as your username and password is sure to be a scam.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/dgtfx-virus-phishing-scam.shtml

I got a similar email but it was for a google accout. I don't have a google account.

Darn scamers!!! lol

Generally... because of scammers, a reputable company would not ask for any personal info by email.

NEVER NEVER and I mean NEVER!!!!!! Give out your personal info by clicking on a link in an email you received.

If you ever get an e-mail where you suspect it may be a scam, open another window and do a search on the title, it will usually come up with the scam. Also, make sure the information is the same as any other e-mail you have ever received from your e-mail host, as scams will always be close but not exact. Finally, as posted above, never give any information to someone asking for it. Legit businesses will ask you to call their published number from their website to discuss personal information. When in doubt, delete it:)

Yahoo and Hotmail aren't known for being secure.

By that I mean its easier for someone via Hotmail or Yahoo to create a fake admin. email message that seams genuine.

Its obviously phishing.

The first clue that something is wrong is the fact that the message is in your spam box, common sense should prevail after that.

Providers that have a legitimate reason to contact you to discuss account will request that you do so by contacting a provided phone number.

Rodehard