Review Board Operator Arrested

looks like he was making money off a raffel....and deailing in many other things....not just the web-site......

Remember this is a case from a sexually dysfunctional jurisdiction. Not that we have everything right here but prostitution is illegal in Ohio so is "enticing". As antlerman says the raffle is a problem. It would be here too (need a permit for a lottery - and I do not see the Ontario Lottery Corporation going there). As for the under-age part - if proven that is a serious issue.

Remember that is in a different country. People often forget that Canada is much more liberal and such things as promoting prostitution are not illegal here. Other discussion boards in the USA have had similar problems in the past. If your worried about the police reading cerb or other discussion boards here in Canada I think you may be just very paranoid. I am sure some have read it but really what would be of interest to them here?

Prostitution is legal in Canada where in most of the USA it is not (and is pursued/enforced as a major crime). Oddly enough I am in the USA right now (Down in southern Florida) and all over the place I see massage spa ads and massage spa's (This surprised me as it's been about 17 years since I made my way down here and previously I never say anything like this) so I was very surprised to see this.

Did you notice the bit about how the guy charged in Ohio was formerly the head of one of the governor's "faith based initiatives"?

"McFadden formerly served as director of the Faith-Based and Community Initiatives office under Gov. Ted Strickland. He was transferred to a job with the state prisons department in 2007 and laid off in March 2008 due to budget cuts."

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2009/01/police_ohio_man_ran_hooker-review_web_site.php

..c..

Did you notice the bit about how the guy charged in Ohio was formerly the head of one of the governor's "faith based initiatives"?

"McFadden formerly served as director of the Faith-Based and Community Initiatives office under Gov. Ted Strickland. He was transferred to a job with the state prisons department in 2007 and laid off in March 2008 due to budget cuts."

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2009/01/police_ohio_man_ran_hooker-review_web_site.php

..c..

Don't read too much into it. While googling for extra info I came across an article by a pro-life site which basically marks McFadden as a leftist for his pro-abortion stand. i.e. McFadden may have very liberal views.

The article can be found here: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/jan/09011507.html

Note: I'm putting the link in only to support my 'leftist' statement above. I'm taking a neutral (some call cowardly) stance on the whole pro-life/pro-abortion issue.

Unfortunately, the "pro life" people tend to brand anyone who doesn't agree with them completely as a leftist radical (murderer).

I guess my point was that the guy must not have been some degenerate drug addict pervert hanging around playgrounds in a grubby quick-flash rain slicker. He held a position in the governor's administration, and a "faith-based" one at that.

Repeatedly, we see Americans in high places, responsible positions being tripped up on prostitution charges. To me, this suggests that maybe prostitution isn't the terrible social-fabric-threatening crime that some south of the border like to view it as. Maybe it's just a legitimate service industry.

I'm wondering when the US is going to come out of the closet on prostitution.

..c..