So, I know we have some issues with "rumors" being spread around, but I am wondering if having anonymous rep points will only add fuel to the fire.

When I took notice of my points I recieved, they are given anonymously. Its really too bad, because I recieved a nice comment and I can't even say thank you since the person didn't say who they were. Now does this work the same as when you get disapproval points? Personally it should say the members handle, otherwise this gives room for anonymous slander.

What is your point of view on the matter?

Also, what do the different colours beside the comment mean??

PS> Thanks for my points sweeties! xo

• Like 2

I was on another board where the issue of anonymous rep points became an issue. It created a "rep point" war. For that reason you cannot leave anonymous points on that board anymore.

I do know the way the system works right now, negative points awarded will result in a message on your profile that says you cannot be trusted. In my opinion that is rather harsh given the spirit of community that this board tries to foster. Also, the negative comment may deal with a difference of opinion and have nothing to do with trust, therefore they are very misleading. Also if it is about an SP, it could have a negative and unwarranted effect on their business.

Just my $0.02. It won't be a problem, as long as people don't take it too seriously.

• Like 1

I say that the reputation points given or taken by members should not be anonymous.

I personally would like to know whom to thank or if someone did not like my post be at least able to pm them and discuss why.

• Like 2

it's a good thing you don't know who gives the points or takes they away well not so bad on the giving part but on the taking away it could cause some problems maybe some bad pm's to the person that took them away or some fighting in chat anyways it's better you don't know

• Like 1

it's a good thing you don't know who gives the points or takes they away well not so bad on the giving part but on the taking away it could cause some problems maybe some bad pm's to the person that took them away or some fighting in chat anyways it's better you don't know

Don't you think that it could really start to discredit someone or be hurtful because it is anonymous??

• Like 2

The problem with that logic is that the anonymity encourages bad behaviour. That is the problem with a lot of places on the internet, and why there are so many flame wars on many sites. People would think twice before making a comment or giving negative rep if they couldn't do it from behind the veil of anonymity. They would have to be able to justify and back up their comments.

The other problem I pointed out is if you disagree with me and want to comment, then so be it. You are fee to do that. But, if you do it using the rep point system the way it is set up now, it brands me as untrustworthy. That I would have an issue with.

• Like 2

I think if you take rep points away it should deduct the same amount from you profile for being negative, it should have a cost but if it is anonymous who cares, the key is don't take it seriously. But seriously I feel like a demi-god with my points, when I add to someone?s rep I give then 64 points?? Not sure what the rating system is there because more senior members than me give way less and some fellow high posters give way less so it makes no sense to me. I did notice the anonymous thing and started adding my name to the comments because I am basically vain :)

• Like 1

If it's anonymous, it lacks credibility IMOP. I'm bright enough to make my own decisions based upon life experience and my ability to read posts/threads. It makes no difference to me if someone has one icon or one thousand. I don't know you nor have I met you; your posts are articulate, intelligent and well-informed. You have received recommendations from some well regarded members of CERB. That's good enough for me. Don't worry about it.

Don't you think that it could really start to discredit someone or be hurtful because it is anonymous??
  • Like 1

That doesn't necessarily mean it came from you, so people shouldn't trust this if they get negative feedback, anyone could add any user's name to the comment and make it appear like you left negative feedback.

Man good point!! I have to work on my evil side more this never even occurred to me!

But then I could never take away rep points it's not in my nature

• Like 1

i doesn't bother me to take points away if i feel something is stupid well then it don't deserve points so i'll take them away not like anyone is ever going to know who did it so now every one will be taking away points

• Like 2

That doesn't necessarily mean it came from you, so people shouldn't trust this if they get negative feedback, anyone could add any user's name to the comment and make it appear like you left negative feedback.

I never even thought about that one..... Yikes that even worse!

i doesn't bother me to take points away if i feel something is stupid well then it don't deserve points so i'll take them away not like anyone is ever going to know who did it so now every one will be taking away points

Can I take away points for no punctuation in that post? :wink:

I shouldn't need to be sober in order to understand Cerb! :mrgreen:

• Like 3

I don't think it should be anonymous. For one I have never been afraid to say what I think even if some did not like hearing it. At leat they knew who it was coming from.

Can I take away points for no punctuation in that post? :wink:

I shouldn't need to be sober in order to understand Cerb! :mrgreen:

Really good points Kyra. I've given you some points for making them. 8-) (I did it anonymously using Dummpy's name so you would know it was me. :roll: )

Keep in mind the REPUTATION system is still being worked on. I can make the comments public and adjust the weights... right now I am just playing with it to work out the kinks and the feedback here is excellent. I think we should make a list of things with the reputation system and vote on it. For instance.

1) Should who gave who reputation be public

2) Should who gave who reputation be personal (Only you can see who left you rep)

3) Should the comments be public or private?

4) Should people with MORE reputation have MORE Weight

5) New members currently start with 10 reputation points and 0 weight so if they disagree or agree with a post it does not change the persons rep (Should it count? or should they have at least 50 or 100 points before they gain weight)

I can adjust the meters very easily and make 1000 the maximum or 10000 so the reputation may change drastically on each persons account once we find a good spot for it. The software that runs this mod is very extensive and to be honest I can't figure it all out yet so it's a lot of trial and error.

Let me know what you all think and I will put together a poll. I have said a number of times this is all a TRIAL I can easily make adjustments to the system.

My rep points been going up and down all day! ha ha . They were up 5 bars and I made 2 posts which were nice, one post I welcomed someone to Cerb and another I made a tour announcement and my rep point went down for this. lol

• Like 1

Like I said (Work in progress) I am still learning how this complex system works.

I actually sat down tonight with a friend and we tested and played around with it (Why your bar's have been going up and down all night Brandi). I think we worked out a lot of bugs and took a lot of your comments into consideration ...

You can all now see who leaves you reputation (We will try that for now and see how it goes) you should not be able to see other peoples comments but you should be able to see who left you comments and who left you reputation in your UserCP (Latest Reputation Received)

I removed the annoying and ugly "STARS" as they were silly (Didn't mean anything)

If you have a score less than 0 your listed as not trusted by other members. I think a value of 100 is enough to say the other members TRUST you.

If you reach 1000 reputation your account is promoted to a ELITE MEMBER account and when you reach over 1000 posts I will add the ELITE crown to your name here like a few of our members have already.

WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WHEN someone left you negative reputation... PLEASE.... chances are if they have LOW reputation it will not effect you much and some limits are put in place so they can not abuse it.

If you think someone is abusing this continually than you can PM Me and I will look into it. If you waste my time complaining about comments people make to you privately about disagreeing with your threads I will not be happy. I am too busy already for that foolishness.

The comments will remain private for now but I would suggest NOT saying anything you would not like anyone else to read here as this may change in the future.

P.S. I gave myself 10000 points "GOD STATUS" (Cause I can) - Who say's I don't have a sense of humor!

so is there rep point instructions? This would be handy.

if you give or take away points do you lose points?

in user cp if there is a grey bar and no comment is that a negative point?

Can you please put my points back? ha ha

I do not like this rep point system, do i dare say that or will i get points deducted, lol

• Like 3

I'm curious how does an account that just joined today and only has 2 posts have 259 points, lol

same reason I lost a bunch, lol

Cause I added to her and right now I give 250 points a through!!

I'm curious how does an account that just joined today and only has 2 posts have 259 points, lol

same reason I lost a bunch, lol
I wonder who had it out for you!! I just gave em back plus!! ++++

so is there rep point instructions? This would be handy.

No, I wish! Would make it a lot easier to figure out what all the bloody settings are for for me! It's all trial and error.

if you give or take away points do you lose points?
From my understanding based on your reputation your giving/removing reputation weight (or power) increase's or decrease's so if you have 1000 reputation points than when you give someone else reputation it would be like 50 points where if you only had 50 points yourself you would give them 1 point (it's all based on the most reputable people are the most trusted). New members start with 10 reputation points (So they have something to loose) and I think they need 25 points or more in order to have enough weight to give credit to another person. This stops a lot of abuse of course. It's a great conceapt but hard to configure on my end.

in user cp if there is a grey bar and no comment is that a negative point?
No, it means someone with not enough weight agreed/disagreed with your post (I think) because they did not have any reputation they did not have enough weight at the time to impact your score in a postive or negative way.

Can you please put my points back? ha ha

I reset the point that were "Padded" by me, I did this so I could test some features. Now I have to go fix the ones that others with LARGE weight (Dummpy!) made. LOL... I think he had enough weight to give out 200+ reputation in one shot.

I do not like this rep point system, do i dare say that or will i get points deducted, lol
You will probably get boo'd. Reputation is VERY important on a site like this. For obvious reasons. This special weight/rep tier system really makes sure the reputation is erned. Well except for the last few weeks while we worked out the bugs...

I can definitely say that someone out there is using my handle to discredit me. An SP sent me a PM asking me why I had disapproved something they wrote, which is funny because I would never do such a thing. Very immature behaviour on the part of those who pull such stunts, anyone who knows me would realize I would never do such a thing and to those trying to discredit me, man up and ask me about it rather than acting like a child!