Another Crappy trip to Halifax

Had an odd experience this week in Halifax. When my first choice plan fell through I took a flyer and texted this girl (PM me for name) to see if she was still around. She replied right away and said she could be at my hotel by midnight. So I'm thinking this is great, the night is saved. So I text back and ask to confirm her rate and if she is gfe msog, no reply. Next she texted to say that she was in front of the hotel and I reply asking if she got my questions. She replied that she did not, so I sent them again. She then asked "what's your room number again?" even though I had never given it to her. I asked her again to answer my questions and offer to call her if she's not comfortable texting that info, no reply. So I call her twice and she won't pickup, even though she says she's in the lobby cooling her heals. In the end she never answered or texted to confirm her service and rate and I never heard anymore from her.

I don't know about the other guys on here, but there's no way I'm giving my room number to an sp who won't, at the least, confirm her rate in advance. Just makes me wonder what question she didn't want to answer. It stunk to high heaven to me and I'm happy to still have my cash in my pocket for my trip to Montreal next week.

• Like 1

Good call, I wouldn't give out that information either. THe answers were probably not what you wanted to hear, so she was avoiding them, trying to get into the room. THe fact she didn't answer your calls should confirm that.....

D

Guest d*.y*s

I'm really sorry that happened to you. If you stick to the recommendations on this board, you will have a good time. Halifax has great SPs, but you have to do your research before coming here. Getting numbers from flyers sounds very iffy. So don't be dissing Halifax until you know what the scene is truly like here.

Guest f***2f***

I would agree that could have happened anywhere and in fact does. Back in the summer in Ottawa I texted at the last minute to one who was fairly highly recommended. She said she'd see me....i arrived at the hotel and tried to call but her phone was going immediately to vmail. This went on for 45 minutes till I finally gave up and went home.

The result is that I avoid last minute arrangements like the plague now, unless I know her and she is reliable in those situations.

Just my 2 cents worth.

When looking at the "last minute" go with a well recommended agency or at least one you know of. Decent Indie's require at least some notice,

We all have had those time where any thing and every that could go wrong did both on our parts and on the SP's part; it is best to chalk it up to experience than to chase after an unknown or a CL add...

I think you made the right choice and i would do the same .... now .... but yrs ago I have had many disappointments in situations such as this...

As has been mentioned dont blame the city! a Jewell or two can be found in any city if you have the time to do your homework :)

Loki

Halifax is a great town and love getting there, I guess I just haven't had the right bit of luck so far. This time I really thought I was all set, I had done the research and made the contacts and choice #1 fell off the grid! Then the second sp wrote straight back and I was pumped for a great time, only to have the experience I described.

I haven't given up and I'm sure I'll get lucky in Hali soon enough.