another police raid at EB

Police raided EB today. apparently told the girls it was going to keep happening until they got the point. this time it wasnt the usual just checking liscences. seems like police are focussing on shutting the parlours down.

Hasn't EB been around for a long time and experienced this sort of thing before? What would you think makes this instance different - or did something recently happen at EB?

• Like 1

Time to fight fire with fire.

Call the Winnipeg Sun. Explain that they are a legal business, licensed to operate by the city and that have not been found to be in any violation of any laws municiple or other (or atleast I assume they haven't, given they are still operating). Explain that they are being unfairly targetted by the police and continually harassed while crime in their neighborhood runs rampant. I'm sure if they put it in a way that given recent statistics indicate crime in the downtown has gone up dramatically and the cops should be doing more imporatant things, they would garner alot of support from most citizens.

I wouldn't expect much help from the hypocritical and moralizing Sun. They'll probably run a series congratulating the police and vilifying the sex industry. They'll focus on run-aways and underage girls.

Porthos

A few ideas for getting media interested:

Link it to the growing number of missing women in Winnipeg, the SWs who have been killed over the years, and the police inaction on that. I think I saw fairly recent stories on this topic.

Mention that while people may not want an mp in their neighbourhood, maybe they also do not want a bunch of dead SWs either. Mps offer a safe and indoor location for people to go discretely and out of the public eye.

Maybe mention the last time Winnipeg went to the trouble of shutting down a bawdy house set up, and went to court, and laid out charges, the only result was a slap on the wrist and a $2000 fine. Hardly worth the effort of destroying people's lives for something that didn't end the sex trade in Winnipeg.

lnc, it is true they are a legal business, but they do not hold a bodyrub license, and providing sexual services of any kind is not legal. But yes they are being harrassed in a way that other health service businesses are not.

• Like 4

Careful about trotting out the "safe" tag for MP's, maybe limit it to "safeR". Remember the incident that caused the demise of 205 Alexander...

What happens to them who are there at the time of the raid.

Like everyone to some degree A Raid while attending a MP is a fear of mine. Never being caught in one I don't know what's all involved. Does a swat team in full combat gear burst in, Or is it a couple cops with clip board and a ticket book for writing fines? Can Any one tell me what happens to the Ladies working there and to the Business and to the clients that have the miss fortune of being present?

Rubs

Guest 8***Av**
Like everyone to some degree A Raid while attending a MP is a fear of mine. Never being caught in one I don't know what's all involved. Does a swat team in full combat gear burst in, Or is it a couple cops with clip board and a ticket book for writing fines? Can Any one tell me what happens to the Ladies working there and to the Business and to the clients that have the miss fortune of being present?

Rubs

I have never seen one myself but I have asked few girls. Also, one time I was about to go in and saw 7 or 8 officers with combat gear walked in. As far as I understand they burst into the room and ask the guy to get dressed and stay in the room. Later they will look at your id and let you go. I assume that they do a check on you to make sure no warrant is out there for you. Also, not sure if it goes on the record that you were found in MP.

I have never seen one myself but I have asked few girls. Also, one time I was about to go in and saw 7 or 8 officers with combat gear walked in.

Sounds a bit over-done for the WPS, wonder if they were looking for a gang member instead of a routine mp license checkup?

Guest 8***Av**

a yellow vest (not sure if it is bullet proof) and no gun can't be seen