Why do people try to book, with no time in mind?

I am very fustrated...grrr...roar...lol

I am a very busy person. Not just with this work, but with other important projects on the go.

As a recent example: I get a PM, it says.."I will be in Fredericton tomorrow, would you be available early afternoon?" Sound simple enough? Right? So I respond with...." OK, what time are you thinking? 2 would work best for me." Then get a confusing responds back, about all the things he has to do first, then what time he is expected back to his final destination.

So, I say to him. I have got few commitments on the go, I can shuffle around somethings, but need to know what time to reserve for you. I need to know by 10 am what time you need.

So his responds is.... " Not too sure what time yet, will let you know..."

So with him knowing I have other commitments on my agenda, and knowing I would shuffle my schedule around for him........he still doesn't just give me a time frame to work with. So am I really going to wait around to find out what time? Risking screwing up my other plans?? What if if I spend all morning waiting for someone who may not even have the time to actually visit??

Do we call a dentist and say..".ohh sometime Monday afternoon I will be there, not sure what time exactly?"

As Murphy's law seems to always have his way with me.....I will go do the other commitments I have, just as I arrive to my job, he will PM or call, saying ohhh I can meet you in hour! Well that simply can not work!

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF SANITY!!! When you are booking an appt, please have a specific time in mind!!!! Especially when you are told that I have other jobs as well. I can not wait around for something that may or may not happen! If you can not narrow down a specific time, then take your chance I will not be able to see you, as there is not a day that goes by that I haven't got something I need to do. And if you are not sure of what time, are you really sure you can arrive at that time?

That is my rant.....I hope that you read this and take into consideration that I do have other projects that is work for me. My schedule needs to be well timed. So if you have not a time in mind...then dont ask me to book you!

All have a great day now:)

• Like 4

Ah yes...the close.

Guys waffle because we try our darnest to avoid being 'caught'. Even someone unencumbered might feel a tad shy having other know he is visiting. It might be up to you to do the close.

Would 2 pm or 3 pm work best for you ?

Would you prefer a short hour or a delightful 2 hours together ?

Incase an emergency crops up do you prefer to be contacted by phone or email ?

Ah yes...the close.

Guys waffle because we try our darnest to avoid being 'caught'. Even someone unencumbered might feel a tad shy having other know he is visiting. It might be up to you to do the close.

Not sure what you mean hun....shy about other's know he is visiting? Who are these "other" people to know??

I tried that approach too. I asked if 2 would work, then I did 1 and 3....if one says ealy afternoon would not you assume between 12-3? the afternoon is only so long, lol....

Dont waste my day away just cause you are paranoid, or your schedule is all over the place.

I cant tell you how many days have gone wasted for people who can not book a specific time. Making me loose out on what I need to do.

Wait till you know for sure on your own schedule first. Then contact me. Simple I think....

I get these in texts and in pm's.

Hey babe, you free today?

I so want to reply, 'no, I'm available, but I'm not free'

It does irk me when I get these type of messages, as not only do I have to stop what I am doing to answer them, but then it takes about 50 texts or pm's to get details!

I answer every message with the same questions:

What are you looking for?

Date and time frame you are seeking?

Length of engagement?

I will check my schedule and let you know what I available

Obviously I don't know their schedule, but I certainly know mine and I can't always juggle around other appointments to suit someone else's schedule, I do try.

It's when I get replies like "I'll try back later in the afternoon to see if you have a late afternoon available."

Chances are if you message me in the morning and I tell you have have 2 specific times available in the afternoon, more than likely I will not have those 2 specific times anymore if you leave it til later.

If your thinking about booking with someone, know your schedule. There is nothing worse than the messages that state, 'I can be there in 15 minutes' if I am out doing personal errands, I could be 45 minutes away.

• Like 1

I get these in texts and in pm's.

Hey babe, you free today?

I so want to reply, 'no, I'm available, but I'm not free'

It does irk me when I get these type of messages, as not only do I have to stop what I am doing to answer them, but then it takes about 50 texts or pm's to get details!

I answer every message with the same questions:

What are you looking for?

Date and time frame you are seeking?

Length of engagement?

I will check my schedule and let you know what I available

Obviously I don't know their schedule, but I certainly know mine and I can't always juggle around other appointments to suit someone else's schedule, I do try.

It's when I get replies like "I'll try back later in the afternoon to see if you have a late afternoon available."

Chances are if you message me in the morning and I tell you have have 2 specific times available in the afternoon, more than likely I will not have those 2 specific times anymore if you leave it til later.

If your thinking about booking with someone, know your schedule. There is nothing worse than the messages that state, 'I can be there in 15 minutes' if I am out doing personal errands, I could be 45 minutes away.

Yes, dont you love the" are you avail this afternoon?" then It happens to be 1pm at the time of PM, so I say ....Yes actually I do have time, can you be here by 2pm....then they say "ohhh, well was hoping right now!" LMAO....really??? I have my sweats on cleaning my house, have not showered and got a vaccume in my hand, lol... The afternoon only has a few hours, so what hour works????

Yes, dont you love the" are you avail this afternoon?" then It happens to be 1pm at the time of PM, so I say ....Yes actually I do have time, can you be here by 2pm....then they say "ohhh, well was hoping right now!" LMAO....really??? I have my sweats on cleaning my house, have not showered and got a vaccume in my hand, lol... The afternoon only has a few hours, so what hour works????

When someone wants to come over right now I laugh and say, "really, do you think I am sitting here waiting for you"? I could not care less if this is considered rude, it's rude for anyone to ask for "right now". This is not the type of client I want anyway and when I'm not in the mood to reply to such a silly request I simply delete.

• Like 3

I am sure this wasn't fun for you.

But I will say there are sp who pull these kind of things also.

Like sure I am free at this time and u call them and there phone is off or they aren't at the place they say they are. So u drive there for nothing.

I see it from your point and client point. I also think some people are shy and are afraid of being turned away or rejected.

Hope your day goes better

If you ask for a specific time, then there is only one answer, yes/no. Because of this I tend to ask for a morning or afternoon and give the provider the option of taking a look at her schedule and offering me a time that fits with her needs. I do know that sometimes I get that exasperated "Well what time? ", but it's just my way of increasing the odds of booking a lady that may have a busy schedule. Of course I'm pretty luck to have a lot of flexibility.

When someone wants to come over right now I laugh and say, "really, do you think I am sitting here waiting for you"? I could not care less if this is considered rude, it's rude for anyone to ask for "right now". This is not the type of client I want anyway and when I'm not in the mood to reply to such a silly request I simply delete.

I'll be right over Katherine !! ;) You wait there ! Just need to pack a toothbrush and my speedo....3 hour drive to Wpg....connecting flight in TO.... factoring in flight delays and if there is no plane hijack like I just temporarily hijacked this thread I should be there around 1 AM....DON'T MOVE ;)

• Like 3

If you ask for a specific time, then there is only one answer, yes/no. Because of this I tend to ask for a morning or afternoon and give the provider the option of taking a look at her schedule and offering me a time that fits with her needs. I do know that sometimes I get that exasperated "Well what time? ", but it's just my way of increasing the odds of booking a lady that may have a busy schedule. Of course I'm pretty luck to have a lot of flexibility.

Totally legitimate, if your afternoon is free. If you have time constraints, then you should specify a time to avoid hair pulling on either end.

I have had conversations along the lines of "Are you available tomorrow evening" and when I reply back with a suggested time, I get "Oh, I can't do then, I have X to do" with no suggestion of a time that suits the gentleman. I'm then forced to play the "Well what about...?" and honestly that does not make me particularly enamoured of the client. We're not mind readers and post availabilities for a reason - please, use the KISS rule! ;)

We're in the fantasy business. One common fantasy is that there's this amazing, beautiful, hot woman out there who's available, right this minute, for him! Not only that, but she'll be available all day, all evening. Seeing him is the thing that matters most to her, so much so that she'll drop everything else in her life whenever he's ready.

Strictly speaking, this isn't unrealistic. Most people have had that kind of sizzling passion in their lives at some point, usually in the early days of a relationship, before the kids were born. I can't fault anyone for wanting to recreate some of the feelings and energy that were part of that wild, electric time.

While many ladies schedule last-minute meetings and do very well, that's not my way of working. I need some time to connect, to build up a bit of delightful tension, perhaps make a few plans. Then I can clear my mind completely of everything else and just focus on my guest. Unless we've scheduled a specific time, as far as I'm concerned, we're not going to meet.

I have a lovely client who visits Vancouver a few times a year. He pays for a full day--twelve hours. We may meet in the morning for an hour, meet somewhere for coffee in the mid-afternoon and later spend the evening together. One time, I made a picnic for us; we enjoyed a lovely hour and a half by Lost Lagoon in Stanley Park, then met again for dinner and some private time in his hotel that evening. The last time he was here, I picked him upt at the airport in the morning and took him to his hotel. He spent the day in meetings; I spent the day on Granville Island with my sketchbook. He called me a couple of times throughout the day. When he came back to his suite in the late afternoon, I was in the jacuzzi. We ordered room service for dinner. I am available all day, never more than 20 minutes away, and can meet for as little or as long as he's free. This fellow is a gem, but such arrangements are unusual.

Ordinarily, I won't put my life on hold or drop other plans for anyone who isn't one of my children. I simply can't leave my schedule wide open just in case someone has a bit of time to see me. Set up a meeting time and I'll be there.

• Like 2

I'll be right over Katherine !! ;) You wait there ! Just need to pack a toothbrush and my speedo....3 hour drive to Wpg....connecting flight in TO.... factoring in flight delays and if there is no plane hijack like I just temporarily hijacked this thread I should be there around 1 AM....DON'T MOVE ;)

I will wait for you Lee Richards. :icon_wink:

I will wait for you Lee Richards. :icon_wink:

Me too - but hurry, I'm turning blue.

Sophia: As frustrating and illogical as it is, it all comes down to no appointment time scheduled, no appointment scheduled and no guarantee I will be available at that time when you decide.

Period.

• Like 1

There is a reason why we have our availabilities on calendars on our websites, but it seems that the guys don't want to take the time to read those.

If they did, they would know our availability.

Before my website was available, I was constantly asked If I had one to see services and availability. Now that I have all of that up and running, I am consistently asked for the exact same Information over pm or text.

Look at my website, it is there for a reason, all the information that anyone needs to know is on there.

I cannot relay all of that info over pm or text, it's way too much to send.

Me too - but hurry, I'm turning blue.

Sophia: As frustrating and illogical as it is, it all comes down to no appointment time scheduled, no appointment scheduled and no guarantee I will be available at that time when you decide.

Period.

This is true. I don't commit anyone to specific times, and no one can expect me to commit to specific times. There is a process to confirm a time and it is always on the same day and when ready. They can call and suggest some general time of day, and I can reply with information about whether I will be around or out at that time, and hopefully we meet in the middle.

I never reserve a specific time of day for someone, but I am willing to compromise and not run off to do errands at that time of day if they think they will be able to see me. Most of my clients understand that short notice doesn't mean no notice, and that once they have said they are on the way, I will be here to answer the door for them.

but I don't think you can expect to ask about timing the day before, and then just run off to her area and expect to call her on the spot, dex. If you call before you venture out, talk to her, give your ETA, then yes, she should be answering within that short period of time that passed between your call and your arrival.

Geez, my text to a lady the day of an encounter is confirming room number and time...this coming from a guy who plans his encounters a few months ahead of time

None of this last minute calling for me. Seeing ladies, it's an indulgence I like to plan and look forward to, not a spur of the moment activity to fit into my day

My quick rambling

RG

• Like 3

Guest W***ledi*Time

A booking is a booking is a booking. But before it's a booking ... it's not a booking.

No potential client has the right to expect a provider to hold times open for them based on "maybes". If a provider is willing to do so, of course that's fine. But if a provider doesn't like dealing with scheduling grey areas like that, they need not do so. With a nod to sanity, the option is there to deal with scheduling in a black-and-white, straight-forward manner, with no such thing as "sort-of" bookings. Either you're booked, or you aren't:

"Yes, I currently have such-and-such time-slot available. If you want it, I look forward to receiving your confirmation. Please keep in mind that my personal schedule is subject to change without notice; the availabilty of such-and-such time-slot may therefore change at any time.
Only after I advise you that I have accepted your confirmation of a specific time
do you have a booking".

My philosophy in this business is... there are no guarantees in life except for death and taxes. Until that customer walks through my door, my fees are paid and we're off to the races, I don't count on anything before that.

Most guys who call, I can tell if they don't want to give a specific time then it's on to the next guy. You snooze, you lose. It's as simple as that. I don't count on anyone booking if they don't want to secure a firm time. I like the guys who call and are ready to come over right away because they are the ones who are less likely to cancel.lol.

I also won't apologize for the fact that there are other people wanting to see me. Even though I don't run a revolving door type business and setting aside the whole fantasy aspect, guys have to be aware that they are not the only ones and our schedule does not completely revolve around them.

If anyone books in advance, there is always a chance something will come up. Until a set time is booked, tell them you can't guarantee it but if they call later with a half hour's notice ( my rule for booking) and you happen to be available...great.. if not then perhaps another time. No can argue with that.

Such thoughful posts were made here! Thanks to all of you, I feel much better now with your support!

Samantha Evans, Nicolette, RG, Katherine, Angela, Victoria, WIT,.....everyone, Thanks for taking the time to read and respond, your advice and wisdom really shines through! Thanks, xoxo

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia