Cl not Working

Guest a**m*s

Just wanted to let anyone who hasn't been able to get onto craigs list for a day that it's affecting lots of people. It seems to be those users who have Rogers as an ISP. Rogers works based on how many complaints they get, so feel free to speed them up!

Edited by whatsup
It removed the full name so i added abbrev. CL

Guest a**m*s

Nice, thanks for the link! Though it lacks the cl "experience"... something about the missing crap and b&S that you have to wade through:lol:

I thought it was just me. I couldnt get on since yesterday!! Ill be calling rogers gee another reason why I should switch they always have problems!!

xoxo

rogers naver gave me problems........then I switched to Ma-Bell due to a better deal......that was a mistake.....service got worse each week.....so went back to rogers....great ever since

Guest a**m*s

Yeah Red they told me last night to check again after 9am this morning, but nothing so far so I'll bug em again later:)

Antlerman I agree about Bell. I swear my internet with them would cut out any time when there was a bad storm...

Everything I switched to Rogers....the heck with ma Bell, and better yet... I'm saving money with everything switched over almost 2 years ago. Funny Ma Bell still sends their, "We want you back" garbage mail.

Yes have the same problem just checked this am with CL, but I'm sure it will return online soon.

Guest a**m*s

From terb:

I was told by Rogers tech support the issue with CL being down is on their side, and that I will get a phone call when the problem is resolved.

From terb:

I was told by Rogers tech support the issue with CL being down is on their side, and that I will get a phone call when the problem is resolved.

Like ....yah.....right.....and pigs have wings

Like ....yah.....right.....and pigs have wings

They don't pwwings.jpg LOL :-P

I took the day off yesterday and thought it would be a great time to have some afternoon fun. Checked CERB and then remembered the server upgrade, so go to CL and nada there either. Great day I chose to play hookey! And even though this was a Rogers thing, do NOT get me started about Bell. I even got preferential treatment from them as I knew a manager there, and it was still a lot of bs and runarounds...

Posted via Mobile Device

I took the day off yesterday and thought it would be a great time to have some afternoon fun. Checked CERB and then remembered the server upgrade, so go to CL and nada there either. Great day I chose to play hookey! And even though this was a Rogers thing, do NOT get me started about Bell. I even got preferential treatment from them as I knew a manager there, and it was still a lot of bs and runarounds...

Posted via Mobile Device

Ma Bell is notorious for run arounds especially since their off hours call centre is forwarded over seas

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest a**m*s

So against the odds Rogers tech did actually call people back today...unfortunately their claim to have resolved the problem appears to be false.

Ma Bell is notorious for run arounds especially since their off hours call centre is forwarded over seas

Goes even further than that...they essentially advertise a service they cannot provide. But by saying they deliver speeds "up to" a certain amount, they've got a loophole. I find it scandalous...

Goes even further than that...they essentially advertise a service they cannot provide. But by saying they deliver speeds "up to" a certain amount, they've got a loophole. I find it scandalous...

If only you guys had Shaw eh?

All I can say is watch out for bell.

The contracts now have this bullshit auto-renew clause in them. It means when you sign up for high speed internet it is a 1 year contract. Well 14 months later I decide to cancel it and they tell me "If you cancel it you must pay 50% of your remaining contract" I say "My contract was for 1 year and it's been over 14 months so I will be fine.. the rep says "No, your contract auto-renews for another full year at the end of each year" (Some bull shit terms and conditions fine print so they can really screw you good!) - so I will owe 500.00 if I cancel now (It was the 99.99 bell high speed 8mbps etc.. crap that was still slower than cable) anyway I freak out on the poor woman and demand to speak to a manager (That was a mistake as the manager was a tool) so I was pissed and just hung up.

I call back a few days later and find out that they do have a customer loyalty department where they offered to exchange and downgrade my modem for the remainder of the year to the 39.99 package. Two months later and I was still getting the bill for 99.98+ per month and they have never send me the new modem! Customer Loyalty my ass!! It's just a huge run around, long hold times, people who don't have a clue and just a giant mess and rob as much from people as they can! (Yes, I said ROB - they are very aware that NOBODY reads all the terms and conditions so by them putting this auto-renew clause in they are ROBBING people - the terms and conditions are legal notes to PROTECT them not to take advantage of the customer and trick them! - this is just a asshole move and if anyone else was to do this they would have NO customers but monopoly lets them get away with shit like this) - can you tell how much I hate bell?

Instead of getting more stressed out I simply started canceling all my bell accounts and in a few months I will cancel the bell modem by bringing it right into a bell store and make them take it back in person.

I added up my bell bills for the last 12 months and I spent 8712.03 to bell Canada last year. I know this is not a lot for a company like bell but how many others like me are just saying F-U and closing everything. With Vonage I get UNLIMITED long distance and every FEATURE on my phone at NO EXTRA COST (Call waitting, forwarding, call hunt, display, voice mail, and SOOO MUCH MORE) for just 40.00 a month!! (Seriously!) and I even can make calls off my laptop when I am on the road.

I canceled 2 land lines and replaced them with VOIP lines with vonage (I actually really like vonage) and my bell cell phone number was also transferred to vonage and I canceled the cell phone package from bell (They are still invoicing me for that as well and vonage has had the number for months know - wonder how long before I get the notice for that unpaid bill).

I cancled my bell expressvue and have a rogers pvr now (I hate rogers almost as much but I don't get screwed as much with them so it's the lesser of two evils).

I have cut ties with bell and WILL NOT go back under any circumstances. I hope that enough people get sick of this and leave bell all together. I know about 30 people who work for bell and they all hate bell equally - not one person (including the installers) have ever had anything good to say about them!

They had a monopoly for too long and they need to learn a lesson.

now, and was able to link onto CL...so it is back..or now..

BTW Mod, my business was also switched away from Bell, the small business rates they charge is freaking robbery!

Just wanted to let anyone who hasn't been able to get onto craigs list for a day that it's affecting lots of people. It seems to be those users who have Rogers as an ISP. Rogers works based on how many complaints they get, so feel free to speed them up!