Mac's

I recently joined a Mac club to learn more about what my machine can do and we just had a 2 hr overview of imovie2009. Wow it is really impressive what one can do now. Anyone else using this?

I love imovie! I have the pro stuff Adobe Premiere and Avid (Pinnacle) and for most stuff it's just easier to use imovie (It really is what the MAC is all about - it's great for video editing and multimedia).

We have tons of gear at the office (Big commercial Panasonic studio HD camera, some smaller studio cameras, a genlock system with input mixer, color balancer, effects boards, etc... All sorts of great gear) but it's all packed away in storage (cerb take up too much of my time to play with it myself). We have all the audio gear as well (Full studio with tascam mixers/mackie automation mixer, processors, mics, etc..) just loads of great pro gear...

Why? We had big plans to do viral commercials (Web based commercials that get passed around in emails cause they are funny but too explicit for TV) I still want to do it but no time unfortunately...

My point... we have all this high end software and gear and we still used imovie to mix it down! It is easy to use, runs very fast and does the job just as good. It makes home movies look like pro video with minimal effort.

I know when I saw what it can do I was just simply amazed all that can be done on a tiny little machine in your own home you can get a movie off your video camera or still picture camera and make it just as good as a pro movie. I am so impressed. I can?t wait to see what we are learning next moth.

I love imovie!

imovie is great!

I've been editing tutorials for my friend for over a year now using it.

Recently video captured several internal company talks, did some editing in imovie and uploaded to the local intranet. The first!

I can't wait to get a new iMac and the latest iLife series.

Guest i***k***

There are definitely a few ladies I'd like to make movies with on this site! :) Maybe I need to buy a Mac...

There are definitely a few ladies I'd like to make movies with on this site! :) Maybe I need to buy a Mac...

Hey, when a lady gets to chose between the "I'm a PC" guy and the "I'm a Mac" who do you think she will choose? :-)

Besides the Mac is just a lot easier to use - I have managed networks for 18 years and I am just blown away (no pun intended) by the ease of use of Mac software.

I would actually disagree with this. If someone is brand new to computers I would say "sure the MAC is a great choice" and if someone hates computers but finds they need one a MAC is also a good choice for them as they will have less technical problems (and the guys at the mac store will fix it for you quickly - they make lots of money on mac people)

If you take a seasoned PC user and put them in front of a MAC they are lost. It actually has a fairly nasty learning curve to the seasoned PC user.

Windows is bloated because they make it very easy to use. It's redundant... 10 different ways to do the same thing and if you say "I wonder if I can.... (Insert anything here that is logical)" chances are you can do it as they build everything in such a way that it makes the software user friendly (But the bloated software comes at a price - performance! - that is why MAC's are SO much better for media rich stuff like movie editing and 3D and stuff)

The PRO's to the mac is that every one of that particular model (G4/G5/Etc) is made with a MAC motherboard and MAC hardware and tested 100% with the OS.

PC's are built with 1000's of mix matched components and it is impossible for windows to test every combination so when they send out a product each person really has a BETA test for that machine (and it will have problems).

Windows ONLY makes the software where MAC makes the hardware and the software for each machine. When you start installing aftermarket stuff into your MAC ... BAD things start to happen and the little time bomb or unhappy mac icon starts to show up more often (Same as windows blue screen of death - that I have yet to see on Vista)

but for the most part (A STOCK MAC) functions exactly the same as the next one.

OSX is MUCH better but it is getting more bloated (just like windows) with each new release.

OS9 and prior were NOT user friendly unless you grew up using the mac.

love my mac....i'm now an elitist haha

LOL.. elitist? ...No ...trendy? maybe... itunes/ipod/ietc... all have made the mac very trendy and gave mac the money to put some very good marketing to use. Really we now have a lot of people with mac's scratching their heads saying "I thought this was easier to use than a pc!".

What they quickly find out is... software costs much more, less software is available and not everything comes mac compatible.

Also hooking up a home network with a MAC and your PC together is hell for most people too... I even stuggled with that one!

I have an Intel desk top and a Mac laptop boy was that a fun combination figuring everything out. A simple thing like messenger with webcam for the mac was probably the most difficult challenge over the years. I Went threw aim, amsn and now on mercury. I can?t really say I like one machine better then the other they both have pros and cons.

Have you tried Trillian IM? they have a Beta finally for OSX and IpHONE. Trillian lets you use AIM/ICQ/MSN/etc... all on one messenger. I have not tried the OSX beta myself but this could be a cross platform solution for you.

Have you tried Trillian IM? they have a Beta finally for OSX and IpHONE. Trillian lets you use AIM/ICQ/MSN/etc... all on one messenger. I have not tried the OSX beta myself but this could be a cross platform solution for you.

Nope haven?t tried it yet but maybe I will. The mercury lets you add different accounts in like hotmail/msn so I have webcam now but no sound. It is still a work in progress.