I know a few classy ladies, and may reccomend them, but first I want to know if I'm in trouble or not. I have my own private residence. I met these girls usually at a party, or by word of mouth reccomendation. We've come up with a deal that I will pay them to come to my house for sexual intercourse. We're not married, and our relationship is mostly all talk about sex, and what her services are worth. For the longest time I kept it a secret because I thought prostitution was illegal; although, I believe prostitution is not only acceptable, but paying for a 'massage', and other services only makes sense because it is not a mutual relationship in the sense of touching. Paying my 'girlfriends' is my way of saying that we're making a fair trade, and don't think I should be in trouble for 'johning', or other similar prostitution laws. What should I do to ensure I stay off the police radar, and continue meeting with my lovely lady friends?

This has been talked about at great length in the past; do some searching and you'll find a lot of threads on it (like this one, which is in this forum and was made sticky for precisely this reason).

In a nutshell, prostitution itself is and always has been legal. There are three things that are not legal, which are:

First, "living off the avails" (ie profiting from someone else's prostitution), which was probably aimed at making pimps illegal but also prevents SPs from employing security or drivers, and may be used against the landlord if the SP uses an incall that she doesn't own, or against her family if she supports them.

Second, running or being found in a "bawdy house" (ie a brothel), which is usually defined as a single location used by at least one prostitute to see more than one client. Note that it has *never* applied to a client's home, so outcalls have always been legal.

Thirdly, communication for the purposes of prostitution - but only in a public place (this one was aimed at, and completely screws over, SPs who work on the streets). This doesn't include conversations where there's a reasonable expectation of privacy (e.g. a phone conversation), and the entire Internet has been found in court not be a place under this law.

In Ontario, the first two have been struck down by the appeals court and the whole lot is on its way to the Supreme Court, so the chances of anything related to any of this being actually tried before the SC rules on it are minimal.

Having said all that: the police don't give a shit about you, or who you have fun with, or what you give them in return, provided everyone consents to everything and the neighbors don't complain. The only times you really see the police doing anything are when people running incalls have become so disruptive that the police have been forced to step in and do something. But most SPs fly completely under the radar on this, and the police have a million and one better things to be doing... especially given that the relevant law is currently being challenged in the highest court in any case. Visiting a reputable lady's incall might be technically illegal right now (outside Ontario) but it's like driving at 101 on the highway.

So: go out, have fun, stop worrying :)

• Like 4

... For the longest time I kept it a secret because I thought prostitution was illegal...

And no offense intended to you as this unfortunately is the attitude of many people but it is not illegal and never has been (in Canada). Thanks for reminding us that so many people think this way, perhaps from American TV?

I actually don't like the word (or term) prostitution or prostitute. While I have met a number of ladies here I have yet to meet one I would consider to be a prostitute :)

They are "professional" friends or companions to me. I don't think I have ever paid for sex; while that does sometimes (ok, often) occur in such a "professional" relationship and is almost expected, well to me it's never anything I ask for or expect. That said, when I make an appointment with such a lady she generally has the expectation that is what I am looking for and I've had to stay late after school to live up to her expectations :)

Welcome to CERB!

• Like 1

Sometimes it is difficult to explain this subject, because of those laws mentioned, a lot of people do consider prostitution illegal. However, exchanging sexual services (which cover a wide varieity of activities) for money is legal. Discussing the rates for sexual services, and the details of those services is legal provided you don't discuss this in public. The condition of the discussion being illegal is based entirely on the words "in a public place" as in where there would be no expectation of privacy.

Some cities crack down on sp's who offer incall, but in all cases, an sp who comes to your home or hotel room is doing this legally.

As far as the original post is concerned, imo, you are violating the law of public solicitation/communication if you are discussing these activities and the charges for them with the ladies in a public place (a party). You may also be aiding in someone violating the law against procuring (as in a 3rd party is providing you with access to sps to hire). You should confine your discussion to phone calls, emails or in private one on one. You would be best to visit sps who advertise their services on advertising sites (like this one).

And especially if you plan to recommend anyone, they should be people who do advertise themselves as sps. As opposed to a woman who will consider an offer of money now and then in exchnage for an agreement to have sex, if you see what I mean.

There is this shady aspect of meeting non-sps at parties and arranging for them to become prostitutes (as in you offer them money to visit you for the purpose of having sex, but they are not prostitutes per se). I kind of think that may be you procuring, and again, I would urge you to not approach random females at parties and offer them money for sex if you wish to avoid legal entanglements if you end up approaching the wrong woman lol.

• Like 2