fire fox update saved passwords

Has anyone had trouble with the most recent version of Firefox and sites like this that allow you to save your password so you don't have to enter it each time. Since loading the newest update for firefox on Friday I've been unable to save passwords. They are saved in that i simply have to type the first letter of the login and then it auto fills but prior to the update the cookie kept the data intact until I logged out. This happens on all sites that require password and login data.

Any other geeks out there experiencing the same, it's a royal pain in the caboose!

I don't have that problem yet, maybe my firefox did not update. Thanks for the tip! (and sorry I don't have help for this one)

Guest M***ell***A

I pretty much gave up on firefox for cerb when it wouldn't (and still doesn't no matter how much I erase cookies and browsing history and files and reboot and EVERYthing!) let me into the chat here...

I still use firefox for other browsing (I never save passwords for anything anyway, never know, maybe a friend over and I'm out of the room or whatever - "sure, go ahead, use the computer"... maybe I'm too paranoid lol) but for cerb I use IE and don't have any probs at all that way...

Interesting, I've never had any issues up until Friday's update. I even went back a step and reinstalled the previous version but it must be much deeper as that did not address the problem at hand. Chat was never an issue for me on firefox in fact it worked much better than IE. Perhaps it's vista related as well.

I generaly don't save passwords on other computers around the ranch but my laptop is always by my side and rarely loaned out to others and when I do I log them in as guest.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Hi CK, using Firefox/3.0.7, no issues so far using Vista. Had to tweak the Firefox options pirvacy settings. Tried Cerb chat a few minutes and seems to work..no problem logging in. My two cents, generally i have found Firefox faster and more reliable than IE.

Good luck sorting it out.

I love fire fox as well much more stable than IE and Chrome still has room for improvement but not bad.

This may have been a CK only issue, even after rolling back a few versions no luck. So i did a full uninstall and started from scratch seems like that did the trick.

Sorry to raise the alarm, but thanks for chime'n in with some feedback. All is well with the cowboy's laptop again.