new provider: CERB user questions

Hi everyone!

I am new here and I was hoping to get some help with a few little things.

I want to set a signature picture, I uploaded it from my computer but when I click insert signature picture, it just shows <sigpic><sigpic>

Can anyone explain the mechanics of how to actually have the image show on my signature please?

Also, I would like to have my email show in my contact info tab on my profile page, but can't seem to find the control to add it in.. would someone please be kind enough to enlighten me how this is done?

thank you so much in advance for your time and assistance, it will be greatly appreciated!

mz.behave

Hello and welcome to CERB!!

The <sigpic><sigpic> is part of the html code. Your picture is there but it is not shown in the text box. By clicking preview signature you will be able to see how your picture is embedded into your signature.

To edit your profile details you have to click User CP at the top left corner of the site. Then select edit details. There you will be able to add various detals to your profle.

JG

• Like 1

Thank you for your help Jhena :)

I guess it doesn't work anyway because I have a limit of 200 characters, including code markup.

so how come others have signatures that include words and images?

can I increase my limit somehow?

Thank you for your help Jhena :)

I guess it doesn't work anyway because I have a limit of 200 characters, including code markup.

so how come others have signatures that include words and images?

can I increase my limit somehow?

To my knowledge there isn't a way to increase the amount of characters.

I don't know how many characters a picture takes up. However, I notice that when you add a picture to your signature you have to keep the text short.

Another thing to note is that you have to be careful with your spacing because they subtract from your allotted characters. I suggest backspacing at the end of your signature. It might take some time to find a signature that you are happy with. It took me some time because I kept going over the limit.

I don't have a signature pic and never tried this, however it should work:

use an animated GIF

It works for the avatar pic, see any post by mod for an example. ÁFAIK this was highlighted several years ago and mod is about the only one using this feature.

It may be that the size of your gif is too large. I know I had to fiddle around with mine to put the banner in my signature and make it link to my website.